The Student Room Group

My Battle To Beat The B's

Poll

Have you started revision?

Hi, welcome to my thread. I'm currently in year 11 with my exams coming up soon (which you probably already know because you're going through this too). GCSEs have been the most stressful time of my school life, the biggest exams I can remember since SATS :smile:. Hopefully this thread gives you all somewhere to comfortabley rant about how you're feeling, ask questions or even just chat. It's gonna be a hard 13 weeks but hopefully it'll make it slightly easier if we all stick together.

Spoiler

I have recently done my mocks at school they weren't brilliant but they weren't bad (except history):

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have been predicted 7's in all my GCSEs however when I got my mocks back I had achieved all 6's and one 7 (6's are nothing to be ashamed of don' get me wrong) but I would love to get higher so from now until I open my results in August I'm going to be talking about what I've been doing and it would be great if you could tell me what you've been doing to get the grades you want too.
i'll be watching this blog:smile: what subjects are you doing, and what are you planning to do for a-level?
Reply 3
Original post by entertainmyfaith
i'll be watching this blog:smile: what subjects are you doing, and what are you planning to do for a-level?

So apart from the compulsory ones my options are computer studies, history and systems and controls. I'm not too sure on what to choose at A level since I can't decide if I want to go down the medicine path or the cyber security path.
Original post by Binksy10
So apart from the compulsory ones my options are computer studies, history and systems and controls. I'm not too sure on what to choose at A level since I can't decide if I want to go down the medicine path or the cyber security path.

both seem like interesting things to pursue! maybe do biology, chem and computer science?
Reply 5
Original post by entertainmyfaith
both seem like interesting things to pursue! maybe do biology, chem and computer science?

Maybe. I intend to do maths at A level so I have the dilemma of choosing my other 2 subjects around medicine (biology and chemistry) or computing (Computer science and physics), I've got a bit of a mid-life crisis at 15
Hi, welcome to my thread. I'm currently in year 11 with my exams coming up soon (which you probably already know because you're going through this too). GCSEs have been the most stressful time of my school life, the biggest exams I can remember since SATS. Hopefully this thread gives you all somewhere to comfortabley rant about how you're feeling, ask questions or even just chat. It's gonna be a hard 13 weeks but hopefully it'll make it slightly easier if we all stick together.

Hiya,

Good luck for your exams, trust me this year wont be easy but work hard and get the best grades you can, then you will forget what the fuss was about in 2017/2018
Reply 7
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Hiya,

Good luck for your exams, trust me this year wont be easy but work hard and get the best grades you can, then you will forget what the fuss was about in 2017/2018

Hi, thanks for heads up.
Reply 8
Oops. I ended up taking a longer break than I expected, time to carry on with English lit revision image-086f7400-e75e-41e0-a655-14654bda0668327443443-compressed.jpg.jpeg
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi! Fellow year 11 student here! I'm studying Maths, English Lang and Lit, Triple Science, Computer Science, History, Religious Studies and Spanish.... my targets are all 8's (😭) and my mock results ranged from 7 down to a U 😱😭... so yeah that's me!
Reply 10
Original post by reecemalhan
Hi! Fellow year 11 student here! I'm studying Maths, English Lang and Lit, Triple Science, Computer Science, History, Religious Studies and Spanish.... my targets are all 8's (😭) and my mock results ranged from 7 down to a U 😱😭... so yeah that's me!

Hi, thanks for checking out my gyg thread. sounds like you're GCSEs are going really well (apart from the U. what happened there!) well done on the 7's and 8's
Reply 11
Exam revision done for the day! managed to get through:

English lit - Ozymandius and Storm on the island

Computer Studies - Computer systems and the CPU

English Language - Paper 1 section A practice questions

what revision have you guys been up to today?
Exam revision done for the day! managed to get through:

English lit - Ozymandius and Storm on the island

Computer Studies - Computer systems and the CPU

English Language - Paper 1 section A practice questions

what revision have you guys been up to today?

I still haven’t started revising, which is probably not a good decision since I’m aiming to get mostly A*/8s... What grades are you targeting?
Reply 13
Original post by Luca Ward
I still haven’t started revising, which is probably not a good decision since I’m aiming to get mostly A*/8s... What grades are you targeting?

I'm targeted 7's but I'm aiming for higher. Revising isn't exactly necessary this early but I would suggest it.
I'm targeted 7's but I'm aiming for higher. Revising isn't exactly necessary this early but I would suggest it.

I wish I had the time to revise but I do GCSE Art and the amount of coursework to do is absolutely insane I have no time to do anything else, hopefully it won’t have too much of an impact on my final grades in other subjects..
Reply 15
Hey everyone.

Although I am doing national 5 exams and not GSCE's (I am from Scotland), I know that the course is roughly the same.

I go to a music school and so two of my subjects are taken up by music. Although I am seriously looking at music as a career choice, I would still like to keep my options open by achieving good marks in my exams.

Even though I know I am a highly intelligent person, I struggle to stay focused and recently had a wake up call after having back my prelim results where I failed Chemistry and Physics (lol).

Hopefully this thread will keep me focused and have me studying and doing well.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Luca Ward
I wish I had the time to revise but I do GCSE Art and the amount of coursework to do is absolutely insane I have no time to do anything else, hopefully it won’t have too much of an impact on my final grades in other subjects..

That's a shame. even if you put aside 20 minutes a day or every couple of days it's a good start. How you finding GCSE art I have friends that take it and they say it's hardwork
Reply 17
Original post by Frango
Hey everyone.

Although I am doing national 5 exams and not GSCE's (I am from Scotland), I know that the course is roughly the same.

I go to a music school and so two of my subjects are taken up by music. Although I am seriously looking at music as a career choice, I would like to keep my options open by achieving good marks in my exams.

Although I know I am a highly intelligent person, I struggle to stay focused and recently had a wake up call after having back my prelim results where I failed Chemistry and Physics (lol).

Hopefully this thread will keep me focused and have me studying and doing well.

Thanks for posting. don't worry we will keep you focused and make sure you don't fail you're real chemistry and physics exam. feel free to ask any questions
That's a shame. even if you put aside 20 minutes a day or every couple of days it's a good start. How you finding GCSE art I have friends that take it and they say it's hardwork

it’s an absolute nightmare because i have about 3 months to do a portfolio of 20 A2 sheets, another portfolio of 10 A2 sheets, i have to do a final piece for the first portfolio and it has to be massive and will take forever, and then i also have an upcoming 10 hour exam for art (2 five hour days). Wish I picked something else instead of art.
Reply 19
Thanks for posting. don't worry we will keep you focused and make sure you don't fail you're real chemistry and physics exam. feel free to ask any questions

Thanks a lot. :u:

I feel like I am going to get into the studying mood soon. (Hopefully) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending