The Student Room Group

Would you ever have a relationship with someone outside your race?

Scroll to see replies

Why wouldn’t you they are the same as you but look different. They could be really nice
Yeah. I’m white and Catholic and he is Asian and Muslim. We are two completely different people from different backgrounds, but we are perfect for one another. Going to marry this man.
Nope, having certain preferences isn't racist, especially as sexual attraction is involuntary and not being attracted to a certain race doesn't mean you'd treat them any different in day to day life than the ethnicities you're attracted to.

In my case, I've only been attracted to white European (or of European descent) women, usually with green/blue eyes and quite pale skin, with the pale skin and freckles combination being the absolute dream :moon:. These features closely match my own and I have no problem saying this. Regardless of what race you are, you are not entitled to be found attractive by anyone else, so those saying it's racist to not feel lust for all skin colours and body types need to wind your necks in.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Andrew97
I know right. It was page 3 when I joined 3 hours ago. This is now 11 pages!! The heck.

honestly people who are spamming this with rubbish need to stop
Yes i'm in one.
I keep think the best has already come but she just keeps surpassing herself the longer the thread goes on

If she were in government she'd have you hung for your comments here today :angelwings:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
facial features and structure, body shape, hair type, hair and eye colour etc

Most all features of these aspects are found across nearly all races. Is there a race without blue eyes, or light-skinned girls, or curly hair, or slender women, or long hair, or muscular men? If someone is attracted to any of these features, then they could fall for a person of any race bearing them, don't you think?
Original post by ANM775
I keep think the best has already come but she just keeps surpassing herself the longer the thread goes on

If she were in government have you hung for your comments here today :angelwings:

I think I would soon be following suit to the Gallows.
Would you ever have a relationship with someone outside your race?
To the OP's question.

There is no reason for you not to have a relationship with someone of a different race to you.
Original post by trapking
Having read most of the thread its actually you that has been racist. You're only 15/16 so perhaps its just a lack of knowledge on your part but I cannot condone posting racist comments/statements.

How can you say/imply that black people can never be racist? Or all white people are racists? Every race has racist people but that doesn't mean you should single them out and spread hate to everyone of that race. I think its best you stay out of these conservations and educate yourself on such matters first. Therapy would be helpful too.

Now stop spreading hate and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours, its refreshing to see more women doing engineering :smile:

damn alfie
Original post by Maven Writers
Most all features of these aspects are found across nearly all races. Is there a race without blue eyes, or light-skinned girls, or curly hair, or slender women, or long hair, or muscular men? If someone is attracted to any of these features, then they could fall for a person of any race bearing them, don't you think?

But it's not necessarily about the features in isolation, but in combination, and different races undeniably have distinct and unique combinations of hair type and colour, eye colour, facial structure etc. A European who has all those features will clearly not look the same as an Asian who has them and so on and so forth.
(edited 6 years ago)
Is she black, white or asian?
Can you tell what race she is?

You date a person. Not their race.

Spoiler

Original post by Andrew97
I think I would soon be following suit to the Gallows.

The crazy thing is, all he said was he prefers white blonde girls and he finds some south asian girls and black girls attractive but not many

that was IT

Not just you tbh, I think most of UK would find themselves in the gallows as most people do have a racial preference ..and gravitate towards certain races more than others when it comes to dating......
Yes as I have a strong preference for white girls. But it’s difficult because white girls never go for Oriental guys. :sad:
Original post by erratic_deus
You can only be racist if you're white.

:facepalm2:
I am black and I can never be racist!
Only white people can be racist because only white people have shown that they think they are superior to all other races!

Manifest Destiny! Remember what your ancestors believed in.

Only white people? Lmao lots of other different people belonging to different races believe their race is superior..
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm not racist until I believe I'm superior.
I'm not superior! I'm an African!

You have a worrying victim complex going on here...
Original post by k.n.h.
You have a worrying victim complex going on here...

I'm proud to be African and Jewish! I love my natural hair!
I'm proud to be African and Jewish! I love my natural hair!

Ok, but if you take on this attitude that you have some sort of inferiority to others due to race, it'll negatively impact you mentally.
Original post by k.n.h.
Ok, but if you take on this attitude that you have some sort of inferiority to others due to race, it'll negatively impact you mentally.

No it won't.
I'm getting what I want.

Quick Reply

Latest