The Student Room Group

Learner support bursary

Hi all! So I'm starting a Level 3 course in Sept, I'm 25 so I know I need to apply for the Advanced learner loan to cover tuition fees but I was wondering if anyone knew much about the Learner support bursary provided by the college. I have 2 children who would both need to be in nursery 4 days a week which on my partners wage will be impossible, it would amount to a whopping 10K a year!!
Has anyone received any help with childcare using the Learner support bursary? Does anyone know the average amount you can get?
Really want to do this course but I'm so worried about childcare 😐

Thanks all, Lis
Original post by Lisabarbs
Hi all! So I'm starting a Level 3 course in Sept, I'm 25 so I know I need to apply for the Advanced learner loan to cover tuition fees but I was wondering if anyone knew much about the Learner support bursary provided by the college. I have 2 children who would both need to be in nursery 4 days a week which on my partners wage will be impossible, it would amount to a whopping 10K a year!!
Has anyone received any help with childcare using the Learner support bursary? Does anyone know the average amount you can get?

Thanks all, Lis

Moved your thread to the student financial support part, hope you can get some more useful responses, :bump:
Original post by Lisabarbs

Thanks all, Lis

Hi Lis,

Yes, you may apply to get money from the Loan Bursary Fund after you’ve received a letter approving your Advanced Learner Loans

The money can help pay for things like:

Accommodation and travel

Course materials and equipment

Childcare

Classroom assistance for a disability or learning difficulty - once you’re assessed by your college or training provider

Apply to your college or training provider, each one has its own application process. How much you get depends on the provider’s scheme and your circumstances. Speak to student services if you need support with your application.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending