The Student Room Group

Warwick or St Andrews for economics

I’m stuck between going to St. Andrews or Warwick, I really like all the societies and degree at Warwick but I like the flexibility of the Scottish system and would quite like to do a joint honours with Maths.
Original post by Sammy2859
I’m stuck between going to St. Andrews or Warwick, I really like all the societies and degree at Warwick but I like the flexibility of the Scottish system and would quite like to do a joint honours with Maths.

how important is doing the joint degree to you?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
how important is doing the joint degree to you?

I genuinely don’t know because I think a degree in maths would put me in good stead for quantative ananlysis in the future
I genuinely don’t know because I think a degree in maths would put me in good stead for quantative ananlysis in the future

Honestly... with the states of economics these days; you would be hard pressed to find a degree without a significant quantitative analysis portion embedded within the degree so I wouldn't think that having joint degree in maths or a single honours degree in economics would make a "huge" difference in terms of your quantitative analytical skills.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by wolfmoon88
Honestly... with the states of economics these days; you would be hard pressed to find a degree without a significant quantitative analysis portion embedded within the degree so I wouldn't think that having joint degree in maths or a single honours degree in economics would make a "huge" difference in terms of your quantitative analytical skills.

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I’ve heard St Andrews has less maths than Warwick in the degree burn it would be free for me and I wanna go to the uni that I would have the most fun at and an extra year sounds good
From what I’ve heard St Andrews has less maths than Warwick in the degree burn it would be free for me and I wanna go to the uni that I would have the most fun at and an extra year sounds good

But if you were to do joint honours with applied maths/stats in St As the less maths in the single honours degree wouldn't matter that much? I guess you are a Scot/EU so imo with free tuition St As is a no brainer :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest