The Student Room Group

Starting a business 😳

I would love to start a business. I have a basic idea of what it’s going to be about but how do I make that idea come to life. Bear in mind that I’m only 16 and I’m not financially capable to invest in it and although it is a whim, I am going to give it my 100% (I wanted to open and run a business since I was in year 8 🌸). I don’t have anyone to help me or guide me and also it’s going to be an online business. I would love some advice from someone who has been successful 💛
Original post by Magnolia0
I would love to start a business. I have a basic idea of what it’s going to be about but how do I make that idea come to life. Bear in mind that I’m only 16 and I’m not financially capable to invest in it and although it is a whim, I am going to give it my 100% (I wanted to open and run a business since I was in year 8 🌸). I don’t have anyone to help me or guide me and also it’s going to be an online business. I would love some advice from someone who has been successful 💛

Use bigcartel to set up an online business for free.
If you want to sell clothes don't buy anything in bulk; get clothes made when an order comes in - it may cost more but there is less risk.
If you want to work with other people make sure you've allocated them specific roles or diffusion of responsibility will most definitely occur.

- I founded a clothing brand last year.
Original post by Anonymous
If you want to sell clothes don't buy anything in bulk; get clothes made when an order comes in - it may cost more but there is less risk.
If you want to work with other people make sure you've allocated them specific roles or diffusion of responsibility will most definitely occur.

Hey thanks for your reply 💕 my idea was more like a revision site but one like SnapRevise or any YouTube channel. However, not copying them but making revision videos, notes etc that will help students and myself 😂😂 I just don’t know how to start and how do I make someone buy mine instead of using free resources (of course it’s only going to be £5/£10,compared other paid sites. I seen one for £200 😳) and how do I make good quality “products”.
How’s your clothing brand and how did you promote it ❤️ Does it make good money as I might start a business make money and learn the basics and then make my “revision site” 🎀
(edited 6 years ago)

thats amazing, i want to start a clothing business - does it take a lot of money to start and maintain?
Original post by Magnolia0

Good Luck!
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Good Luck!

Thankyou 💛

Where/who did you get your clothes made from 💎
Bump
Original post by xnotapplicablex
thats amazing, i want to start a clothing business - does it take a lot of money to start and maintain?

You really do need some funds to start, I'd say £200-£500 is a good beginning.
Reply 9

Same as me. Like any business it will cost money to initially set up. I want to create a decent clothing business, but, have not clue what I could do with a name. I could set up a decent website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc to get some marketing, its just the name and sourcing the actual product thats the hard part for me.
Original post by jdddd
Same as me. Like any business it will cost money to initially set up. I want to create a decent clothing business, but, have not clue what I could do with a name. I could set up a decent website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc to get some marketing, its just the name and sourcing the actual product thats the hard part for me.

yeahhh fr
and what if its a flop and i become broke lol
Reply 11
yeahhh fr
and what if its a flop and i become broke lol

Part of business then isnt it, thats not the mindset to have for success😉
Reply 12
Build a team around you. Keep on doing research no matter what. Know that it is extremely competitive out there and that it will take time and energy to achieve what you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending