The Student Room Group

Are science GCSES important and do you need them for university?

I am rubbish at science and think I'll probably end up failing my science GCSEs. I don't know what I want to do but probably go into the uniformed services or study law or something like that at uni so I don't actually need them but do I need them for uni or college?
Reply 1
Don’t think it matters. Most unis don’t put any significance on GCSES apart from maths and English (you need to pass) and as long as you pass 6 GCSES you’ll be fine. Don’t worry about it!
Reply 2
It depends on the university
Reply 3
Original post by F.SA
Don’t think it matters. Most unis don’t put any significance on GCSES apart from maths and English (you need to pass) and as long as you pass 6 GCSES you’ll be fine. Don’t worry about it!

English is three GCSEs now isnt it (Language+ Literature and the worthless Speaking and Listening).
Original post by qwertyK
English is three GCSEs now isnt it (Language+ Literature and the worthless Speaking and Listening).

Speaking and Listening is part of Language.

So in my case, on my results slip it said 6 for Literature and 7M for Language (Merit in Speaking and Listening)
The speaking and listening part of the English GCSE counts for exactly 0% of any marks. It just says Pass, Merit or Distinction on your result. So if you don’t even do it, it will not make much of a difference at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending