The Student Room Group

Would you ever have a relationship with someone outside your race?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Anonymous
Yes. They pay to get features that west africans typically have.
I have grey/dark brown skin.
I can easily get straight hair (if I straighten mine) but I'll never do that I love my natural hair!
I also have a "white" nose as people say to me and I guess it is true because I am caucasoid.
But I don't think I'm superior to any other african or east african! I don't think I'm superior to any other race!
I also think it is stupid how so many people "love" white girls when east african girls have pretty much the same facial structure and features as them but they're a lot darker. (A bit like the first brit)

i understand what you are saying, but you started this thread talking about races, and all throughout this thread you have been talking about races in general, not individual cases like yourself. Not to be rude as well but who cares? You seem like an intelligent, persistent girl who no doubt is beautiful, but why are you so pressed about whether or not you are someones preference? Its not that deep, you are beautiful, people on this thread may not have you as their preference, but trust me plenty people will!! Just be secure in yourself and your own beauty and other's opinions wont even matter anymore. But you can't call someone racist because they don't prefer black girls.
Are we not all equals? Why should we not have a relationship outside of our "race"?
Globalisation is speeding up and will eventually consume this world, which, in fact is a very positive thing.
The free movement of people from around the world is inevitable. Take the EU for instance. 50 years ago it was hard to get in a relationship with a French individual.
Today, you can pretty much start a relationship across the internet.

In the future, we will all mix into a conglomerate of all nations and states.
Mixed race relationships really break down barriers, helping look past our prejudices and propelling us into a global world.
Original post by Andrew97
I see, thank you. Wow just wow. And yet the comment saying you can only be racist if you are white remains.

You're welcome. Don't dwell on it too much, Nothing to lose sleep over
Original post by erratic_deus
Chinese isn't an ethnicity.
You're right.
But stop showing your ignorance.
You said south asians, chinese people are east asian.

But explain why you don't think most black and south asian girls are attractive. Because you are also showing your racism.

I certainly won't date an SJW
Original post by mrwb9876
I certainly won't date an SJW

I don't come to TSR to date boys!
I don't care about boys unless my manager is a boy and he has to hire me!
Well this thread is insane. Is it always like that on here?

For me it’s a yes. My husband is mixed race and all of the people I dated before him happened to be a different race to me.
dont really mind. most people have a preference for their own race, unless their conditioned to prefer another race. It's all fine, I think a future with a lot more mixed race people is great. I do think it requires an extra level of confidence to attempt to pull someone from another race

I do hate these discussions though. It often derails and turns into a bunch of ugly scrawny white boys thinking every woman wants them for some odd reason
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It's literally discrimination.

No it’s not, it’s a preference.
If my grandparents are from country A
My parents are from country A
I’m born in country B. I’m from country A.
I’m definitely going to find someone from country A who is born in country B.
Keeps the pattern going. After all it makes it easier when you can communicate in language A with my partners parents.
Quite confusing with the letters but you get the gist.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gerib17
No it’s not, it’s a preference.

Different name for the same thing.

Last time I checked there were lots of english speaking black poeple.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm south Asian and my fiance is east Asian. My preference before we were together were mostly all types of Asians.
yes i would
I would date outside of my race, if race actually exists ( I believe that race is a social construct) for this context, I would date a different race. They're attractive to me. But also, I wouldn't date based on your looks, I must find you intellectual and funny, but quirky.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm South Asian and find myself attracted to all sorts of races, but now usually white guys to be honest
As above.

(Just so we’re clear - it’s not racist to say that you wouldn’t... What you’re attracted does not mean you’re discriminatory against people)

Of course, I find people outside of my race hotter than my own (I'm white).
If you’re in an interracial relationship and you then have a mixed child, then you split up, would any of you consider the consequences of that on your child? A mixed child is more likely to be bullied than anyone else, they’re unsure about their identity and they’ll be under pressure to side with each race... and which ever side they’ll choose they’ll not be fully accepted in that race... just making a thought provoking point

I live in a very diverse area. In my school, there was a lot of mixed race children and no one ever bullied them for it. So, I wouldn't be worried about my child getting bullied because they are mixed-race. We all are unsure about our identity at some point in our lives.
Original post by erratic_deus
How about you pass your GCSE's in your next life so you don't have to take BTEC

I choose to do BTECs. Great comeback though I'm sooo hurt😂😂
Original post by k.n.h.
Only white people? Lmao lots of other different people belonging to different races belive their race is superior..

Yeah and erratic_deus clearly thinks that she is better than us lol
In essence, 'race' is just adaptations to where your family has lived for longest, so different 'races' look different purely for this reason. You can be racist regardless of race. When my black mother complains about asians taking all the services from the white people, she's being racist. Some people, regardless of their race, will judge you based on your race. The only thing you can do to minimise that bias is to dress nicely, keep good hygiene, and have good manners. Beyond that it is out of your control.
Original post by btecbiochemistry
Yes

It's not racist at all- there's research showing that we seek partners that look like/are like our parents

I Dont
Reply 239
Ive only been with white girls but I do find some other races attractive. In fact I’m sure id be able to find an attractive girl from every race.

I did fancy a Pakistani girl I worked with and I could tell she was into me. She started acting really white though, we went for a drink after work with a few other people and before I knew it (2vodkas later) she was drunk, I could now see her cleavage and she was all over me. She wanted me to take her home but my girlfriend was waiting at home for me so even though I was interested I left it at that.

Left the job not long after and even though I’ve thought about her a lot since and I have her number, I haven’t reached out.

However the fact she was Pakistani and did all the praying stuff actually made her more attractive because in my mind it meant she wouldn’t be a slut - something I’ve found with most of the white girls I’ve been interested in. I know my family would accept any race I brought home but I did wonder if a white guy would be accepted into a Pakistani family easily or if I would have to jump through hoops to prove myself - which I probably wouldn’t.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending