The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Didn’t the app launch last year though?
Reply 2
I don’t even know, I got an email from the student room saying they were giving away an £800 amazon voucher to a random person who’s posted on the app
Original post by megzz23
The student room giving away £800 amazon voucher to celebrate the app launch! All you have to do is post!

Original post by megzz23
I don’t even know, I got an email from the student room saying they were giving away an £800 amazon voucher to a random person who’s posted on the app

Only legitimate posts will count.
Reply 4
I hope I win
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Original post by megzz23
The student room giving away £800 amazon voucher to celebrate the app launch! All you have to do is post!

Just got this now. Anyway happy Ash Wednesday and Happy Valentine day to all.

How can someone enjoy Valentine Day?
I would like £800 to donate.
Hi
Hello guys! Hopefully I will win 😁😁
Reply 9
I uninstalled the app. I have a web browser on my phone. It works perfectly fine. Why would I need an app other than for TSR to self advertise further via app stores? It's not like snapchat which was made as an app and requires it. This site is a vBulletin forum designed for web. An app is just added on functionality later which often misses key abilities on the full site.
(edited 6 years ago)
I want it
True
Would be great to win it!
Original post by 8472
I uninstalled the app. I have a web browser on my phone. It works perfectly fine. Why would I need an app other than for TSR to self advertise further via app stores? It's not like snapchat which was made as an app and requires it. This site is a vBulletin forum designed for web. An app is just added on functionality later which often misses key abilities on the full site.

I see your point.
Original post by 8472

I prefer the (new) app on my phone compared to the mobile website.

The mobile website seems so slow, sluggish and unresponsive now - even on today's modern smartphones. I use a Galaxy S7 Edge, which has plenty of power in it - it's no like I'm using a dodgy old Galaxy Ace Plus from 2012! :tongue: And it still gives input lag on the mobile website...

Maybe it is because something in the background of TSR's mobile website is sucking power away, or it's the adverts, or they just want you to use the app? The input lag and general sluggishness that I get, only happens on TSR's mobile site, and happens both on my S7E and my Tab A 10.1 tablet...
Reply 15
Oooh there are so many things i could do with £800! But i think uni books will take the bulk of it 😣
At least this app makes the job.
Reply 17
Original post by spotify95
I prefer the (new) app on my phone compared to the mobile website.

The mobile website seems so slow, sluggish and unresponsive now - even on today's modern smartphones. I use a Galaxy S7 Edge, which has plenty of power in it - it's no like I'm using a dodgy old Galaxy Ace Plus from 2012! :tongue: And it still gives input lag on the mobile website...

Maybe it is because something in the background of TSR's mobile website is sucking power away, or it's the adverts, or they just want you to use the app? The input lag and general sluggishness that I get, only happens on TSR's mobile site, and happens both on my S7E and my Tab A 10.1 tablet...

Im rocking a Pixel XL and have never found it slow. Pages load pretty much the same speed as on my desktop- as fast as expected. The slowest part is server response time on odd occasions e.g when submitting a post and that is TSR's side. I guess one benefit of the app is data usage optimisation. Could perhaps lean out the site a bit when using mobile data. :bubbles:
Original post by megzz23

Original post by PjdeP
I hope I win
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Original post by kaysdvine
Just got this now. Anyway happy Ash Wednesday and Happy Valentine day to all.

How can someone enjoy Valentine Day?

Original post by Nate the Great
I would like £800 to donate.

Original post by The_abster_ree
Hi

Original post by Georgetteledoux
Hello guys! Hopefully I will win 😁😁

Original post by The_abster_ree
I want it

Original post by AhmedIsmaeil
True

Original post by Ibrahimilyas
Would be great to win it!

Original post by Aamenah
Oooh there are so many things i could do with £800! But i think uni books will take the bulk of it 😣

Original post by FinnToScotland
At least this app makes the job.

Hello :smile:

As the lovely @RoyalSheepy has said… only legitimate posts will count, here's the email terms and conditions:

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 21.02.04.png

This thread does not constitute legitimate posting and thus the OP and the posts within it will not be counted. Please do not spam simply for the sake of winning the competition, you will be sorely disappointed with the result should you continue as you certainly won't win!

Take care. :smile:

Latest