The Student Room Group

Girl i am seeing would rather spend valentines day with someone else

Okay so we have been dating for a while and have hit it off quite well. However, she tends to prefer having guy friends which i don't really pay much notice too except when I asked about maybe doing something today, she said a guy friend of hers is inviting her out. I believe guys and girls can be friends and all but come on, a guy friend would not just invite a girl out for valentines day would they? Or am i overthinking?
if she is your girlfriend then she should not be doing this :naughty:
Yeah sounds kind of starkly like she doesn't consider you an item.
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so we have been dating for a while and have hit it off quite well. However, she tends to prefer having guy friends which i don't really pay much notice too except when I asked about maybe doing something today, she said a guy friend of hers is inviting her out. I believe guys and girls can be friends and all but come on, a guy friend would not just invite a girl out for valentines day would they? Or am i overthinking?

Man up and move on
Reply 4
You should chat to her about it and see where it goes. also you should tell her how you dont like her having guy freinds
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Man up and move on

great new pic x
Original post by Ray_Shadows
great new pic x

Lol thanks x
Thought it would suit my username and me as a whole
Her stance is amazing tho
Lol thanks x
Thought it would suit my username and me as a whole
Her stance is amazing tho

yeh definitely , have a happy valentine whoever u with x
Reply 8
If a girl I was dating did this to me especially on Valentines day knowing some next dude could potentially be pumping on her on the side.

I wouldn't stick around for very long.

That's a straight violation!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ray_Shadows
yeh definitely , have a happy valentine whoever u with x

Nah Im spending mine with friends and family, to me Valentines is just another day
Nah Im spending mine with friends and family, to me Valentines is just another day

ah i wish i had friends who weren't in relationship to chill with , they got their own plans with their gf :frown:
I guess it depends on how long you've been dating and how committed the 'dating' is.... and how often you actually see each other.

So, I feel life you've been dating pretty regularly for 6+weeks then yes, she should be spending her Valentine's Day with you. But, regardless if she feels she is 'dating' you as well then yes, of course, she should be with you this day. You definitely have reason to be irritated and perhaps upset. And, unfortunately, I don't think if she was really into you she'd be wanting to spend this day with a 'buddy', to be honest. I see a big red flag here. Just because things seem to be going well with her doesn't mean that she is a stable person who makes the right decisions. She maybe the girl who self-sabbotages herself and relationships - or flits from one relationship to the next. Sorry, I know that is not what you want to hear.

Best of luck - really.

mate if your girlfriend is really your girlfriend and she's doing that, drop her.
- advice from a girl
mate if your girlfriend is really your girlfriend and she's doing that, drop her.
- advice from a girl

mate this thread is 4 years old
- advice from a girl

don't bump old threads.
- advice from a boy
Original post by hungrysalamander
mate this thread is 4 years old

:yes:
Original post by sufys12
:yes:

yeah its an old thread unless the user creeates another thread then u can reply
Original post by sufys12
don't bump old threads.
- advice from a boy

bored asf sorry

Total bs lol. Sh/t on that.

Either she's playing you, or part of her brain is missing if she can't see why her behavior would come across as odd/inappropriate towards you.

Maybe it's one of those 'tests' that some women like to do, except ... this one's overstepping a mark. I can tolerate a few stupid games like this, but toying around with polyamory (which your situation is alluding to), cheating, drugs, or dropping overtly provocative sexual innuendos during conversations just to see my reaction... nope. She's got problems beyond what my nerves have patience for.

I heard of one girl who invited her ex bf to her anniversary date with her current bf. Would you believe that. It's one of those anecdotes from Reddit.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by NonIndigenous
Total bs lol. Sh/t on that.

Either she's playing you, or part of her brain is missing if she can't see why her behavior would come across as odd/inappropriate towards you.

Maybe it's one of those 'tests' that some women like to do, except ... this one's overstepping mark. I can tolerate a few stupid games like this, but toying around with polyamory (which your situation is alluding to), cheating, drugs, or dropping overtly provocative sexual innuendos during conversations just to see my reaction... nope. She's got problems beyond what my nerves have patience for.

You wasted time with sound advice for old threads :frown:.

Latest

Trending

Trending