The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Fashion journalism LCF and Csm 2018

Hello,
I sent my application to LCF and CSM for fashion journalism and I was wondering if someone knows how long is the wait before getting a request for the written work. I sent my application a little last minute but I am so stressed and I can't stop thinking about it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lexlexg
Hello,
I sent my application to LCF and CSM for fashion journalism and I was wondering if someone knows how long is the wait before getting a request for the written work. I sent my application a little last minute but I am so stressed and I can't stop thinking about it

Unis have till May to make decisions so you just have to be patient unfortunately.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I applied for the same course through a direct application and they gave me the written assignment in the application itself. If you're talking about a portfolio, they didn't ask me for one. Hope that helps (I'm so sorry if it didn't)! x
I sent my application the day of the deadline and Lcf sent me a request for written work last week, nothing from CSM yet though
Reply 4
Hi, I applied for Fashion Journalism as well, at CSM, on the 31st of October. They sent me a request for written work on the 29th of November and I have sent it on the 11th of Dec but haven’t heard from them since. Is that a good sign??Also, has any of you received an interview invitation?
Reply 5
Sent my application on the 10th of January and almost immediately got a request from LCF to submit the essay, which I submitted on the 29th, still haven't heard back! Meanwhile CSM sent me the essay outline around 3 days ago, am so stressedd!! good luck to everybody xxx
Reply 6
Hi, I just received a request for written work for CSM. The e-mail said to log in to the application portal for more information, but I am unable to find where. Would anyone happen to know how to help me? Thank you in advance!
(edited 6 years ago)
451D7071-C9E2-4F31-AA97-17B84E32DC2F.pngthis is what they said to me, i assume all of the essays are the same title but idk
Reply 8
Original post by ylaenneknagem
451D7071-C9E2-4F31-AA97-17B84E32DC2F.pngthis is what they said to me, i assume all of the essays are the same title but idk

Thank you for the photo, I appreciate it! I got the email, but when I log into my portal there is no place to submit the portfolio. So weird, I even gave it a few days to load. I guess I'm going to have to call the office in the morning.
Reply 9
Hey, did anyone hear back from either of them after submitting their written work? x
Original post by bella96!
Hey, did anyone hear back from either of them after submitting their written work? x

no but i’m pretty sure they should be starting to send out interview requests and stuff v soon
Reply 11
was anybody else asked to do a different question? I got one on my opinion on best fashion medias?
Original post by tiff.a
was anybody else asked to do a different question? I got one on my opinion on best fashion medias?

for csm i was just asked for a journalistic style piece and for Lcf i was asked for what i think the most important fashion media is
Reply 13
for csm i was just asked for a journalistic style piece and for Lcf i was asked for what i think the most important fashion media is

ooh I see, which college is more popular/better would you say? I know lcf only accepts like 20 people into this course
Original post by tiff.a
ooh I see, which college is more popular/better would you say? I know lcf only accepts like 20 people into this course

csm is often said to be #1 in the world but they’re both good. omg really how do u know they only accept that much?
Reply 15
csm is often said to be #1 in the world but they’re both good. omg really how do u know they only accept that much?

I'm pretty sure they said that in the open day, and normally its about 10 inside the uk and 10 outside the uk
Reply 16
Has anybody heard back/got any offers? I got an offer from LCF but i thought there was an interviewing process?
Reply 17
Original post by tiff.a
I'm pretty sure they said that in the open day, and normally its about 10 inside the uk and 10 outside the uk

I think I'm misinformed though... maybe its fashion journalism at CSM which is so exclusive, would make sense
Hi everyone I just received an unconditional offer from LCF but I am still waiting on CSM. I have a friend who is on the CSM course which only has a 3% acceptance rate so it may be that they are filtering through applications to decide who to interview. I’m baffled as to why LCF haven’t done interviews this year as far as I’m concerned?
i haven’t heard anything from Lcf but i just got an interview request from csm- has anyone else gotten one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending