The Student Room Group

Reports of a shooting in a Florida school

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

The country that has banned kinder eggs, but won’t do a thing about gun control.
Simon Marks from LBC, says a man dressed in black carrying a long gun attacked just after lunch. Between 20-50 casualties, no words on death. SWAT has arrived. Manhunt underway. 1 report gunman left the scene.
Reply 3
Sad Stuff
Unfortunate for the victims.

However this is a country that stubbornly refuses to address through legislative or culture change its attitude to guns. It's just going to do happen again.
'Florida law enforcement officials were searching on Wednesday for the person who opened fire in a high school, killing at least one person, according to local media, which showed dozens students fleeing a building surrounded by police.Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, about 72 km north of Miami, had been placed on a “code red” lockdown but had no information on victims, a spokeswoman for the county sheriff’s office said. The sheriff’s office said on Twitter that the shooter was still at large.'Recent update from CNN - The shooter is still at large
https://twitter.com/browardsheriff/status/963863727173971968
Ugh hopefully not another mass school shooting...
Reply 10
Just another day in Amurica....
Original post by Ninja Squirrel

No! Hopefully not!
I'm sad because I can't imagine what the families are going through - sending their children to school and the next minute arranging a funeral!
The gun laws in America are dreadful.
Reply 12
Suspect apprehended, hope victims don't suffer life changing injuries or die young, just because of some young, idiotic young boy.

50 people have apparently been shot already. doesn't appear to be any fatalities just yet but I'm not sure if it will stay that way
Reply 14

Mass shootings happen everyday in America, its crazy.
Original post by jdddd
Mass shootings happen everyday in America, its crazy.

I know! I feel so sad because what could possess someone into being so evil.
Right wing nuts (Donald Trump and co) are now calling for young children to have the right to bear arms and for the gun free zones on schools to be lifted.
"To protect them from school shootings".

What?

Will the second amendment ever make sense?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by erratic_deus
I know! I feel so sad because what could possess someone into being so evil.

Bullying - or mental health issues such as depression are the leading causes, a main example of Columbine in 1999 because of bullying and depression, the worst mass school shooting in American history. Its kind of weird because we don't get many kids, who get bullied or have mental health problems, here, take a knife or other weapon to school and kill or injure multiple people. Maybe, its just an American obsession with guns and the way children may be brought up around them, thinking it would be cool and are inspired by other shootings.
Original post by erratic_deus
No! Hopefully not!
I'm sad because I can't imagine what the families are going through - sending their children to school and the next minute arranging a funeral!
The gun laws in America are dreadful.

I agree the gun laws in America are absolutely ridiculous.
Reply 19
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
Right wing nuts are now calling for young children to have the right to bear arms and for the gun free zones on schools to be lifted.
"To protect them from school shootings".

What?

Will the second amendment ever make sense?

Thats the second amendment. I remember the left, when they said, 'Catalonia can't leave Spain because its against their constitution' just as banning guns would be against Americas constitution.. thats why there has been efforts to bring in gun control and different states have different gun Laws, but for the most part you can't ban guns because of the constitution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending