The Student Room Group

Does the GCSE subject specification outline all areas you need to know?

So if I'm revising physics, I just structure my revision notes based on the spec, and then take information from the textbook/revision guide, on each bullet point on the spec? Is sticking solely to the spec and then writing out the relevant information from textbooks/revision guides a good idea? Or is it better to take notes first from these sources and then check the spec afterwards, like a checklist?

I ask because I'm worried that I'm wasting too much time when I don't consult the spec when taking notes, but I'm also worried that if I structure my notes based on the spec, there is some background information/extra detail that is missing.

Reply 1
Bump
Original post by allenpc
So if I'm revising physics, I just structure my revision notes based on the spec, and then take information from the textbook/revision guide, on each bullet point on the spec? Is sticking solely to the spec and then writing out the relevant information from textbooks/revision guides a good idea? Or is it better to take notes first from these sources and then check the spec afterwards, like a checklist?

I ask because I'm worried that I'm wasting too much time when I don't consult the spec when taking notes, but I'm also worried that if I structure my notes based on the spec, there is some background information/extra detail that is missing.

No need to worry, I’m doing the exact same thing with all my science subjects + geography and psychology.

To prove my point I’v had some tests lately on geography and chemistry and it nailed me an A* in chemistry and an A in geography.

Don’t panic lol, what you’re doing is much smarter and more logical than attempting to memorize a textbook full of information that you don’t need.

The spec are the answers to your exam.

Stick with it and you’re heading for aces all around for your results.

Quick Reply

Latest