The Student Room Group

Is having an 'all black' party racist?

Scroll to see replies

No. Maybe they wanted to celebrate cultural similarities? I don't see how that is racist at all, unless they literally said you couldn't come.
Original post by squamouscell123
There is an Irish pub in my local area in which no one is not Irish enters as the people are rude to anyone not Irish.

I hardly doubt that is true. A pub is a business it needs customers. irrospective to if it is Irish or not. This is the 21st century.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by erratic_deus
You can only be racist if you're white.

We’ve had this new debate. Stop spreading lies.
Original post by unknown_usr
Some of my black friends recently had a party - a party which they said and were blatant about being 'all-black'. I couldn't help but think if that was the other way round [i'm white] it would be horrifically racist? Am I the only one thinking this?

yes.

would be different if all your friends happened to be black and you threw a general party.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Monclér
I hardly doubt that is true. A pub is a business it needs customers. irrospective to if it is Irish or not. This is the 21st century.

But no one who is not Irish wants to go there as the people who attend the pub make them feel uncomfortable............
Yes just like Black Lives Matter
No racism against black people intended btw
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 26
yeah its very racist.
Original post by The RAR

Careful, you’ll trigger erratic_deus
Depends...did they have a legitimate reason for it being all black? If not that its racist but its reactionary. If blacks had not been victims of racism for so long in this country I doubt very much they would behave in this way. Its racism that occurs as a result of being victim to racism for so long. Its not the kind of racism you see from white folk toward black folk which is the traditional kind of racism. The kind where the perp believes that they are physically superior. I've come across a ton of black folk who hate white folk and isolate them selves from them not because they are racist in the sense that they feel superior to white folk but because they have been victimised by them...its reactionary racism...and I think under a lot of circumstances it is justified...they are only defending/protecting themselves. They have no choice but to isolate themselves from whites.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by The RAR
No racism against black people intended btw

Yes I understand your point but the beauty of black lives matter is that it includes so many other races and cultures against white superiority.
BlackLivesMatter isn't exclusive to just black people!
I'd be happy for you to emphasize and join the movement.

No race is superior to another and no one deserves to die for being black!
I hope you can understand this from my perspective.
Original post by Ihatelife2
People like you, with attitudes and views like yours, are also responsible for the racial divide in the world. So you are also a racist. Congratulations @erratic_deus. Please feel free to add that to the ever-growing list of reasons why people hate you. Liar. Racist. What's next?

And you wonder why people have a very evident and passionate hatred of you...

Will you ever learn?

That's going a little bit too far.
it depends how people say it?. If they obviously forced and kicked out other race it’s too much. wow it’s not that deep though.. why do people in TSR take everything seriously like another post about halal meat oh my daise . It’s not that deep.
Reply 32
Original post by erratic_deus
You can only be racist if you're white.

You've got to be damn kidding me... Not this again.. :facepalm2:
Original post by k.n.h.
You've got to be damn kidding me... Not this again.. :facepalm2:

It will happen!
Reply 34
The party may have been culture-orientated; it's hardly discrimination if I chose not to invite a bunch of Christians to an Islamic prayer.
Yep it is racist.

Imagine how much flack an all white dining club would get?

It carries the same principle.
It's discriminatory on the basis of skin colour, therefore yes it is very racist
Reply 37
it's racist ANY way around. And why exactly are you friends with racists?
Original post by VGM
it's racist ANY way around. And why exactly are you friends with racists?

I'm only friends with one of them, and even then it's a strained beefy kind of friendship. idk whether or not to confront her about her party tho
Original post by squamouscell123
But no one who is not Irish wants to go there as the people who attend the pub make them feel uncomfortable............

No one is stoping them from going though
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending