The Student Room Group

Your Opinion on Cultural Appropriation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StayInYourLane
"Next!"

That's no way to talk to a person. Who the f*** you think you're talking to, you jew motherfu***er you. Have some repsect for that user.

Dude.

1) this is not an acceptable way to talk to anyone.

2) all you’re doing is fuelling her hate and proving her point, which until you popped in, had no legs.
Original post by k.n.h.
What? You think you're vile just because you're black? That's just sad and wrong...

Hey! Ignore it. It's a sock account made by one of the white people on this thread to "prove me wrong" by making a fake account who is a black racist user etc.
Original post by erratic_deus
You said "but" as if my comments make it ok for someone to speak in such a way to a woman.

I just said 'but' to shift the focus from his wrongdoings to yours. If you interpreted it another way, I didn't mean it like that. I'll be clearer next time.

And why does being a woman matter if no one's insulting you on gender? What does that mean?
(edited 6 years ago)
The interesting thing is the people who whine about cultural appropriation are middle class people born and raised in the West, but back home the people love seeing their culture shared.

Personally, I think that as long as your respectful about it, it's fine.

On a sidenote, I think white people who have dreads look stupid af.
Hey! I understand quite a lot of you are white and you may not agree with my posts.
But calling me thick, stupid and dumb isn't exactly enlightening my resolve as to why I think X exists.
Can any of you please show me a case of where white privilege has never occured?
Can any of you please tell me what you think microaggressions are?

In this thread, there was a micro-aggression towards me. They said "****" when referring to my profile picture and my hair. Which is what I addressed on page 1 of this thread.
White people think my hair is nappy.
Yet a white girl who curls their hair, to the same type as mine will be viewed "beautiful" and so forth.

Thank you.

A heated debate is one thing, but insults are another entirely. If people are making rude comments to you (I haven't read through the whole thread) please report them. It's just petty to turn to insults and accusations when you run out of debate material.
Original post by Kindred
A heated debate is one thing, but insults are another entirely. If people are making rude comments to you (I haven't read through the whole thread) please report them. It's just petty to turn to insults and accusations when you run out of debate material.

Hey thanks bro!
Original post by Caesar333
The interesting thing is the people who whine about cultural appropriation are middle class people born and raised in the West, but back home the people love seeing their culture shared.

Yes me too but I can't stop them from doing what they want!
This isn't racism. This is black stupidity!

It was the government led genocide of thousands of people based on nothing but their race. That's about as racist as it gets.
Yes me too but I can't stop them from doing what they want!

At least we agree on something.

Well that and Idi Amin not being a nice person.
Reply 169

Yeah because the people back home aren't fully aware that they're being used. I can tell you from experience that people from Africa idolize white people for them white people symbolize intelligence, wealth etc so of course they're going to be "happy" about their culture being shared. They're content with anything even if it will harm them and that's the slight problem with people living in Africa.
Original post by Kindred
It was the government led genocide of thousands of people based on nothing but their race. That's about as racist as it gets.

No no no!

It wasn't based on race. They're all black in Rwanda.
It was due to the tribal differences!
Racism by definition is : prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

The only people who fit the criteria to be racist are white people!
I don't think my race is better than any other. I'm inferior. I'm a minority.

By you saying that the only people that can be racist are white people is basically saying that any one who isn't white can not be racist and since racism is seen as a bad thing, white people can be bad and hence, because other races can not be racist, or 'bad' then we act as superior because we can only be good, as we 'can't be racist' and so you are claiming racism.

Ok, although Judaism is a religion and not a race , I shall assume that since you're Jewish ( mixed) I am going to assume, based on the majority of Jewish people, That you are partially European or Israeli (Unlikely, but possible) and since Eastern Europeans are white, you therefore can be partially racist.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 0lut0
Yeah because the people back home aren't fully aware that they're being used. I can tell you from experience that people from Africa idolize white people for them white people symbolize intelligence, wealth etc so of course they're going to be "happy" about their culture being shared. They're content with anything even if it will harm them and that's the slight problem with people living in Africa.

Yes I love your perspective!
Back home in Kenya, I'm called "musuungu" due to my clothes, hair and accent! I'm superior to them even though I am them (kind of I'm a hadhramut)
Original post by 0lut0

Dont speak on behalf of them, theyre smart enough to think for themselves theyre not dumb, dont look down on them and undermine their intelligence thanks

This sort of arrogance where you feel entitled to speak on their behalf is part of the issue. Middle class liberal people of foreign ethnicities are some of the most annoying self serving people who really are being racist.
No no no!

It wasn't based on race. They're all black in Rwanda.
It was due to the tribal differences!

Which is essentially the same concept as race. It's at least just as deplorable to murder people based on it as it is the colour of their skin.
Original post by KatheO11
By you saying that the only people that can be racist are white people is basically saying that any one who isn't white can not be racist and since racism is seen as a bad thing, white people can be bad and hence, because other races can not be racist, or 'bad' then we act as superior and so you are claiming racism.

Ok, although Judaism is a religion and not a race , I shall assume that since you're Jewish ( mixed) I am going to assume, based on the majority of Jewish people, That you are partially European or Israeli (Unlikely, but possible) and since Eastern Europeans are white, you therefore can be partially racist.

Not all Jews are white.
The first jews were from Africa (my tribe).
My parents came to the UK as refugees since the WHITES wanted to kill them.
They couldn't go to Israel.
I'm a Jew because I'm a descendant of Sheba.
My ancestors are ancient egyptians.
I'm a cushite!
I'm a semite too.
Dont speak on behalf of them, theyre smart enough to think for themselves theyre not dumb, dont look down on them and undermine their intelligence thanks

This sort of arrogance where you feel entitled to speak on their behalf is part of the issue. Middle class liberal people of foreign ethnicities are some of the most annoying self serving people who really are being racist.

No what he said is the truth.
If a Nigerian from the UK went to Nigeria right now, they'll be treated well because the assumption that they're rich and they've been around whites. Who have installed themselves across the world as the superior race.
Reply 177

You've just spoken on behalf of those people as well you literally just said they love their culture being shared.
Not all Jews are white.
The first jews were from Africa (my tribe).
My parents came to the UK as refugees since the WHITES wanted to kill them.
They couldn't go to Israel.
I'm a Jew because I'm a descendant of Sheba.
My ancestors are ancient egyptians.
I'm a cushite!
I'm a semite too.

That is why I said that I am going to assume, and I used mixed in the context that one parent is from a different race from the other and since you confirmed one race is black of Kenyan descent. I used some deduction of thinking of places that have a high amount of Jews and also the types (i.e Ashkenazi Jews, who tend to be of European lineage). I am very aware of the fact that Not all Jews are white, because Judaism is not a race, it is a religion, so that logic of all Jews being white would be ignorant.
Original post by 0lut0
You've just spoken on behalf of those people as well you literally just said they love their culture being shared.

And you agreed with that so this argument isnt valid.

What im saying is an opinion they hold. What you're saying is that they feel theyre less superior to whites and the west. Two very different things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending