The Student Room Group

Evidence for continuing students (child of migrant worker)

Hi, what evidence do I need to attach to my application if I am applying for Maintenance Loan (2018/19) as a continuing student and child of migrant worker? My father is self-employed and, the first time I applied for maintenance loan, I had to provide bank statements and corresponding invoices, etc. Is it the same if I'm applying as a continuing student?

I applied for Maintenance Loan for the first time just a month ago for the current academic year (2017/18) as I wasn't aware of the child of migrant worker eligibility and I found out about it only recently -my application is in progress and I should hear back soon hopefully. However I have been advised by a student finance adviser to not wait and to apply for the upcoming year as well.

And just to double check, I'm meant to complete the PR1 form for 2018/19, right?

Thank you in advance!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Schnee_96
Hi, what evidence do I need to attach to my application if I am applying for Maintenance Loan (2018/19) as a continuing student and child of migrant worker? My father is self-employed and, the first time I applied for maintenance loan, I had to provide bank statements and corresponding invoices, etc. Is it the same if I'm applying as a continuing student?

I applied for Maintenance Loan for the first time just a month ago for the current academic year (2017/18) as I wasn't aware of the child of migrant worker eligibility and I found out about it only recently -my application is in progress and I should hear back soon hopefully. However I have been advised by a student finance adviser to not wait and to apply for the upcoming year as well.

And just to double check, I'm meant to complete the PR1 form for 2018/19, right?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Schnee_96,

When applying as a returning student, we won't require as much evidence. If you're accepted as the child of a migrant worker in year 1, we just need to see updated invoices and bank statements in your returning years.

You are correct, you should complete the PR1 this year.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.
Reply 2
Thank you so much, John! That really helps! Do I need to send anything else apart from bank statements and invoices? Eg tax return, etc could you please list the evidence I need to send?
Original post by Schnee_96

Thank you in advance!

Hi Schnee_96,

You are correct, you will complete the PR1 form for 2018/19 academic year.

In order to advise you on the correct evidence to show continual employment, can I ask if you are a September start?

Thanks Rona
Reply 4
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Schnee_96,

You are correct, you will complete the PR1 form for 2018/19 academic year.

In order to advise you on the correct evidence to show continual employment, can I ask if you are a September start?

Thanks Rona

Hi Rona,

Yes I start in September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending