The Student Room Group

Your Opinion on Cultural Appropriation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dheorl
Oh dear, you really are just a moronic racist troll aren't you? Reported.

A report won't do anything. I haven't broken TSR guidelines. Nor have I sworn or called anyone names if they didn't agree with me.
It is very much possible for black people to believe that their race is superior. But you match that to the representation and overall view of black people generally, their isn’t enough out their to make that argument. Therefore, believing that blacks are superior in my opinion is counterintuitive which is the very reason why she and I make the argument that black people cannot be racist.

racism is a tad bit deeper than racial discrimination which a lot of people have referred to as racism in this thread.
Original post by Dheorl
Oh dear, you really are just a moronic racist troll aren't you? Reported.

@Kindred Is it okay for another user to name-call me on a public forum because I have different views to them of which I've explained. (Look at page 1)
There is no proof to show that the whole black race thinks that they are superior to others?
There are over 20 countries in Europe and every single one is guilty of racially discriminating at least one black or ethnic minority!

If a white person went to Africa they'd be welcomed but unfortunately that white person will view themselves as superior and feel it is their duty to do missionary work/voluntary aid in a LEDC,
Original post by erratic_deus
Racism by definition is : prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

The only people who fit the criteria to be racist are white people!
I don't think my race is better than any other. I'm inferior. I'm a minority.

You do realise what you're doing here is being racists against your own race! It's impressive and bemusing in equal measure.
Some people don’t seem able to differentiate between racism (an individual belief) and systematic/institutionalised racism (the policies and practices by a group, which result in the exclusion or promotion of designated groups.).

One is a personal belief that you can’t possibly know just by looking at someone’s skin, the other is the way society, companies, and government may be set to disadvantage minorities, which you can’t blame on one person.

It’s understandable to be mad at the past and mad at the system, but ignorant to cry racist at everyone with different skin to yours who disagrees with you.
@Kindred Is it okay for another user to name-call me on a public forum because I have different views to them of which I've explained. (Look at page 1)

Abusive or name calling behaviours are not only just generally rude, but also go against the TSR community rules ("Don’t insult people, don’t patronise or belittle them, and don’t make personal attacks."). Please report anything you think falls into that category so the mods can take a look.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/community-rules

Doesn't matter if you say bunnies are ugly (which should totally be illegal btw, but it isn't currently so whatever). Mean comments are not cool. :spank:
I'm wondering, does someone have a summary of what claims/evidence erratic_dues has made to try and prove her intelligence. I've seen the claims about the Musk stuff and her predicted grades, but I get the feeling there's bits I've missed. Is she trolling in another thread posting this stuff as well?
There is no proof to show that the whole black race thinks that they are superior to others?

No one said the whole black race, you're the only one making the generalizations here...

There are over 20 countries in Europe and every single one is guilty of racially discriminating at least one black or ethnic minority!

But has every citizen of every European country racially discriminated against an ethnic minority? I presume not.

If a white person went to Africa they'd be welcomed but unfortunately that white person will view themselves as superior and feel it is their duty to do missionary work/voluntary aid in a LEDC,

How would you know? You're just assuming what a white person would think, portraying them negatively because of your victim complex of thinking that every white person thinks they're superior to you due to race, which is very ignorant and untrue. And isn't that a positive thing, to have an initiative to help people in need? The majority of white countries are ACs, so of course there will most probably be a lot of white workers doing voluntary aid, but race is irrelevant in this issue, wealth however, is a relevant factor. ACs are wealthy, so won't it be natural and courteous that the rich are giving to the poor?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dheorl
You can tag who you like, you're clearly being racist, and therefore clearly being a troll. The moronic bit is admittedly up for debate, but if you think the grades/claims you've posted mean you approach the intelligence of some of the people here then I would have said there was fairly good evidence for it.

If you believe they are trolling or otherwise misusing the site please report them so the mods can look into it.
No use getting into an argument over it here. If they're a troll they won't care and if they're not a troll it's just stressing you both out and making you more likely to say harsh things you might regret.
Original post by Kindred
If you believe they are trolling or otherwise misusing the site please report them so the mods can look into it.
No use getting into an argument over it here. If they're a troll they won't care and if they're not a troll it's just stressing you both out and making you more likely to say harsh things you might regret.

Dw, I have reported them. I'm not stressed out, more bemused, but thanks for checking in.
On these types of issues, erratic_deus's reasoning is unbelievable... Smh.. :dry:
Original post by Kindred

Hey hey hey!
I've never name-called on this thread
Original post by cat_mac
Some people don’t seem able to differentiate between racism (an individual belief) and systematic/institutionalised racism (the policies and practices by a group, which result in the exclusion or promotion of designated groups.).

One is a personal belief that you can’t possibly know just by looking at someone’s skin, the other is the way society, companies, and government may be set to disadvantage minorities, which you can’t blame on one person.

It’s understandable to be mad at the past and mad at the system, but ignorant to cry racist at everyone with different skin to yours who disagrees with you.

So are you claiming that institutional racism doesn't exist and thrive today in England?

*Gets out evidence*
what if you're mixed race? What the hell are you supposed to do then? Or can i identify as whatever I feel like that day
Original post by PhilanderingBum
what if you're mixed race? What the hell are you supposed to do then? Or can i identify as whatever I feel like that day

Mixed race people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebb01F5oYQM
This beautiful "white" lady has a black mother!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ-VjCqCnek

[video="youtube;aQ-VjCqCnek"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ-VjCqCnek[/video]
(edited 6 years ago)
[video="youtube;Ebb01F5oYQM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebb01F5oYQM[/video]
She addresses white privilege as a white-passing black person!!
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
You know racism continues to exist because of people like you, right? People that just won't let the past go. One generation raises children that know and acknowledge racism, then they pass that on to the next and racism continues to exist. If we were just to raise a nation of children that don't know what racism is or have any notion of why people of different ethnicities would be treated differently, racism would be dead and buried once and for all. Racism will always exist if people keep talking about it.

This has got to be one of the silliest paragraphs i've ever read. i assume your an adult. Don't you see that racism is created and redefined for every generation. It's created when people of one race cause harm to someone of another race. A white man is robbed by a black man so all blacks become potential robbers. A black is passed over for a promotion and the position is given to a white man so the whole company is called racist. it will always be with us because it's so easy to create and identifying it and telling others why is the only way to combat it's effects. Not talking about it is the worst approach. I know the current crop of liberal snowflakes believes this is the best way to tackle an unpleasant idea but this will soon change.
Hey hey hey!
I've never name-called on this thread

That's fine. If you haven't done anything wrong then there won't be any issues, I'm just advising people report anything they think is bad behaviour (be that name calling or anything else) so the mods can look at it. Being reported in itself is nothing to worry about (I've even accidentally reported my own posts before), it just tells the mods there's a post they should look at. If they don't see a problem that's fine.
It's just better if people know to report things rather than trying to mediate everything themselves cos that could lead to more incidents like name calling. I'm not siding with anybody. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending