The Student Room Group

warwick vs leeds vs queen mary

HELP

for law
Warwick has one of the best employment rates in the country, so I would pick Warwick.
Make your decision based on the course that you prefer the most.
Original post by 04MR17
Make your decision based on the course that you prefer the most.

This makes sense on an English course or a history course. The syllabus changes from uni to uni. For law it stays pretty much the same from uni to uni.

Original post by squamouscell123
Warwick has one of the best employment rates in the country, so I would pick Warwick.

QMUL has a better reputation for law than Warwick.
Original post by Notoriety
This makes sense on an English course or a history course. The syllabus changes from uni to uni. For law it stays pretty much the same from uni to uni.
For the content perhaps, for the timetabling, perhaps not.
QMUL or warwick because they are in Russell Group.
Original post by 04MR17
For the content perhaps, for the timetabling, perhaps not.

Yeah, my post was meant to be a question. But I got distracted by the other poster.

Timetabling, as in when you have lectures and the rest? That would be unknowable until a couple weeks before each term. For me, OP should look at the location of the uni, extracurricular opportunities, accommodation conditions, scholarships, some consideration of rep.
If nightlife and social life is important to you then choose Leeds. If you're more focussed on the academic side then just choose whichever course modules you prefer. They're all decent unis but Warwick is dull and QMUL will be an expensive choice plus there isn't much of a student community in London as there is in Leeds.
Yeah, my post was meant to be a question. But I got distracted by the other poster.

Timetabling, as in when you have lectures and the rest? That would be unknowable until a couple weeks before each term. For me, OP should look at the location of the uni, extracurricular opportunities, accommodation conditions, scholarships, some consideration of rep.
When unis release their timetabling details varies. It's always possible to contact those universities and ask anyway. The information can be found quite easily by contacting current students anyway.
Original post by 04MR17
When unis release their timetabling details varies. It's always possible to contact those universities and ask anyway. The information can be found quite easily by contacting current students anyway.

And current students would be describing their current timetable, not the one you'd be having as a first, second or third year.
And current students would be describing their current timetable, not the one you'd be having as a first, second or third year.
It's an indication. The warwick contact hours are freely available.

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/law/current/undergraduate/materials/

qmul have module descriptions, so I don't see why they would withhold that information in an email to them.

It's useful to get a rough idea, not exact figures.
Original post by 04MR17
It's an indication. The warwick contact hours are freely available.

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/law/current/undergraduate/materials/

qmul have module descriptions, so I don't see why they would withhold that information in an email to them.

It's useful to get a rough idea, not exact figures.

The teaching of law, and the hours, are all rather similar. The timetable, i.e. when lectures are happening, will change year on year.

Again, I think "which course you want to study" is better suited to other degree types.
The teaching of law, and the hours, are all rather similar. The timetable, i.e. when lectures are happening, will change year on year.

Again, I think "which course you want to study" is better suited to other degree types.
Better suited, yes. Invalid, no.
Original post by 04MR17
Better suited, yes. Invalid, no.

If that conclusion helps you sleep at night, you're welcome to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending