The Student Room Group

Wrong uni choice help

Hi 😊
Have picked my 5 UCAS uni choices but am regretting one of my choices and wish I had put Manchester down is there anything can do to swap a choice? Should I Ring UCAS or Manchester or do you guys think it's too late? Thanks for any help 😊
Original post by Karinaya
Hi 😊
Have picked my 5 UCAS uni choices but am regretting one of my choices and wish I had put Manchester down is there anything can do to swap a choice? Should I Ring UCAS or Manchester or do you guys think it's too late? Thanks for any help 😊

If it is within 2 weeks of submitting your application then yes it's possible you can switch your choices; if not then it is too late. (And in any case since it's after the January deadline; Manchester wouldn't guarantee equal consideration anyways because the application would be flagged as late)

Would Manchester be your first choice ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by wolfmoon88
If it is within 2 weeks of submitting your application then yes it's possible you can switch your choices; if not then it is too late. (And in any case since it's after the January deadline; Manchester wouldn't guarantee equal consideration anyways because the application would be flagged as late)

Would Manchester be your first choice ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I applied I didn't realise York would interview and Thought I would get an offer based in A level results so I put a range of university entry requirements down (I didn't see the point in putting 2 AAA uni's down) so in a way yes if I don't pass York interview Manchester would be my 1st choice but it's outside the 2 week time frame 😕
When I applied I didn't realise York would interview and Thought I would get an offer based in A level results so I put a range of university entry requirements down (I didn't see the point in putting 2 AAA uni's down) so in a way yes if I don't pass York interview Manchester would be my 1st choice but it's outside the 2 week time frame 😕

What course are you applying to and do you already have A2 results or would you receive a conditional offer? Honestly wouldn't worry too much about the interviews; most of them are just to ascertain your passion for the course you are applying to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by wolfmoon88
What course are you applying to and do you already have A2 results or would you receive a conditional offer? Honestly wouldn't worry too much about the interviews; most of them are just to ascertain your passion for the course you are applying to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applying for law and the interview is to ascertain if you are suited to problem based learning as it's the only uni that teaches law that way. I really want York but feel I need a better back up plan than I have. I have an A in critical thinking am predicted 3 As at A level and hopefully an A in my EPQ but have hedged my bets as you can't really predict how well you are going to do on the day 🙄 Should I contact Manchester? Massively appreciate your help by the way 😊
Applying for law and the interview is to ascertain if you are suited to problem based learning as it's the only uni that teaches law that way. I really want York but feel I need a better back up plan than I have. I have an A in critical thinking am predicted 3 As at A level and hopefully an A in my EPQ but have hedged my bets as you can't really predict how well you are going to do on the day 🙄 Should I contact Manchester? Massively appreciate your help by the way 😊

Definitely hard to ascertain how you'll do on results day; My guess is your other choices are AAB-ABB? I wouldn't contact Manchester at this point because it's too late; however if York goes awry (hope it won't) and you perform above your conditional offer on results day, I'm sure Manchester would be open for you to apply through adjustment. No problem :smile: that's what we are here for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
That's great thank you, yes all the others are lower. Have everything crossed for York but feel like I have a potential plan B now so feel better thanks :smile:
Original post by TheBigG
That's great thank you, yes all the others are lower. Have everything crossed for York but feel like I have a potential plan B now so feel better thanks :smile:

why are you posting with two different accounts ? :lol: no problem; glad to help and good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
sorry switched from phone to home comp not realising my mums got a log in 😂
sorry switched from phone to home comp not realising my mums got a log in 😂

No problem and well glad to see some parents on the site :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending