The Student Room Group

GYG: It's now or never...

Welcome to my Grow Your Grades GCSE blog...thing...!

Hi! I'm Emma, also known as mulan.themermaid.

I'm a stressed 16 year old who has absolutely no life because of the heaps and heaps of school work which is dumped on me ( which I'm sure you can all relate to)... saying that I didn't really have a life before my GCSEs started either ahaha:cool:

Also I am the biggest procrastinator EVER. I literally leave everything to last minute. My type of revision is planning my revision and then staring at my plan instead of completing my plan. Anyone else do that, or just me?:s-smilie:

Spoiler

Anyway...
I know I'm late to the GYG parade but... I'm hoping that this will motivate me into doing revision so that I can get the grades I think I'm capable of if i put in the effort. I am fed up of school telling me my target grades (mainly c's) and not encouraging me to achieve more or telling me I cannot achieve more. So my motivation for this blog is to grow my grades to prove to myself I can do it and to prove the people who doubted me wrong.:tongue:

Also I really do not want to open that results paper and want to cry and regret the time I wasted, so, here I am!

IT'S NOW OR NEVER.

I'm off now! I hope you feel like you know me a bit better and can relate to the struggles of being a stressed procrastinator.

I'll update you soon with some revision bits and bobs!

Until then...

Em :smile:
Original post by mulan.themermaid
Welcome to my Grow Your Grades GCSE blog...thing...!

Hi! I'm Emma, also known as mulan.themermaid.

I'm a stressed 16 year old who has absolutely no life because of the heaps and heaps of school work which is dumped on me ( which I'm sure you can all relate to)... saying that I didn't really have a life before my GCSEs started either ahaha:cool:

Also I am the biggest procrastinator EVER. I literally leave everything to last minute. My type of revision is planning my revision and then staring at my plan instead of completing my plan. Anyone else do that, or just me?:s-smilie:

Spoiler

Anyway...
I know I'm late to the GYG parade but... I'm hoping that this will motivate me into doing revision so that I can get the grades I think I'm capable of if i put in the effort. I am fed up of school telling me my target grades (mainly c's) and not encouraging me to achieve more or telling me I cannot achieve more. So my motivation for this blog is to grow my grades to prove to myself I can do it and to prove the people who doubted me wrong.:tongue:

Also I really do not want to open that results paper and want to cry and regret the time I wasted, so, here I am!

IT'S NOW OR NEVER.

I'm off now! I hope you feel like you know me a bit better and can relate to the struggles of being a stressed procrastinator.

I'll update you soon with some revision bits and bobs!

Until then...

Em :smile:

hey emma! can't wait to see how this GYG will go!
im a fellow procrastinator too, don't worry, you're not alone :rofl:
props to you for showing them that you can do higher tier! im sure you'll smash the exams
pyschology gcse sounds fun, im planning on taking that for a-level. what's it like?
oooh catering (literally i'll go crazy for anything about food) what do you do in lessons?
looks awesome! i can’t wait to follow you on your journey :hugs:

hopefully this gyg will be helpful in stopping your procrastination, and focusing your mind on doing well :yep:

good luck! :heart:
@mez_merising

Hey! I'm glad you like my GYG so far, I'll make sure to make updates often!:smile:
I'm SO glad there's other procrastinators I can connect with through here.

Psychology is great, it's so interesting, I love it but... it's so much work and so little time. I know that if you take it for a level though you'll find it so intriguing just prepare for a lot of studies to learn ahah!!

I LOVE FOOD TOO :biggrin: honestly that's why I chose to study it so I could cook different things in school and each it at lunch ( we make a wide range of things from soups, to cakes to a two course meal!) but there is also all the boring written work...

Thank you for believing that I can achieve my goals!

Em :flower2:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by clouddbubbles
looks awesome! i can’t wait to follow you on your journey :hugs:

hopefully this gyg will be helpful in stopping your procrastination, and focusing your mind on doing well :yep:

good luck! :heart:

Hi!
That's what I'm hoping for definitely:cool::flower2:

I'm looking forward to you joining me on my gcse exam journey!!

Em:smile:
Original post by mulan.themermaid
@mez_merising

Hey! I'm glad you like my GYG so far, I'll make sure to make updates often!:smile:
I'm SO glad there's other procrastinators I can connect with through here.

Psychology is great, it's so interesting, I love it but... it's so much work and so little time. I know that if you take it for a level though you'll find it so intriguing just prepare for a lot of studies to learn ahah!!

I LOVE FOOD TOO :biggrin: honestly that's why I chose to study it so I could cook different things in school and each it at lunch ( we make a wide range of things from soups, to cakes to a two course meal!) but there is also all the boring written work...

Thank you for believing that I can achieve my goals!

Em :flower2:

aww you’re too cute.
hey there’s nothing like boring written work...
Original post by mez_merising
aww you’re too cute.
hey there’s nothing like boring written work...

Ahaha! Nothing at all.:u:
Hi again:heart:

It's finally half term WHOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!:biggrin:

I've been waiting for this break for what feels like YEARS.
All I want to do is relax and have a break from school... but...I should be revising for my mock exams which are all in the 1st week back! YAY can't wait. So instead of doing the preferred NOTHING I will be studying!:redface:

Hopefully my procrastination will not get in the way, so to help prevent this I have made a clear list on what I want to accomplish in this week which will hopefully help me focus!

My checklist:

Recap maths topics I struggle with e.g. studs

Revise the last 3 psychology topics and do past papers

Catering past papers

Check over RE notes

Complete a few pages in my exam sketchbook

Wish me luck on combating procrastination...
I'll keep you updated with my progress!:smile:

Em:flower2:
Reply 8
good luck!! :rave:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending