The Student Room Group

Medicine

Hi,

I've completed my GCSEs last year, I achieved 2 A*s, 1 A in Biology, chemistry and Physics. I achieved 9 in Maths, 6 in English Language, B in Business Studies, C in History. Ive been told by my career advisor that I can still get into medicine if I choose universities that have low GCSEs weighting, I've done research on Medic Portal and listed the following universities that I could possibly get into:

Brighton & Sussex
Bristol
Dundee
Exeter
Hull York
Newcastle

Im currently studying A levels Biology, Chemistry and Law. Does anyone have any disagreements regarding the choices of universities that I'm going to apply for this year:

Thanks
Original post by luqman12673863
Hi,

I've completed my GCSEs last year, I achieved 2 A*s, 1 A in Biology, chemistry and Physics. I achieved 9 in Maths, 6 in English Language, B in Business Studies, C in History. Ive been told by my career advisor that I can still get into medicine if I choose universities that have low GCSEs weighting, I've done research on Medic Portal and listed the following universities that I could possibly get into:

Brighton & Sussex
Bristol
Dundee
Exeter
Hull York
Newcastle

Im currently studying A levels Biology, Chemistry and Law. Does anyone have any disagreements regarding the choices of universities that I'm going to apply for this year:

Thanks

Your gcse seem fine. To expand your list;
- imperial college London
- barts and the London
- Plymouth
- Glasgow
- Newcastle
- Brighton
- Exeter
- Dundee
- Bristol

So you’ve got quite a choice. This means getting all other parts of your application up to standards; predictions , ukcat/bmat and personal statement
Original post by lion-tiger
Your gcse seem fine. To expand your list;
- imperial college London
- barts and the London
- Plymouth
- Glasgow
- Newcastle
- Brighton
- Exeter
- Dundee
- Bristol

So you’ve got quite a choice. This means getting all other parts of your application up to standards; predictions , ukcat/bmat and personal statement

Thanks, but I think London will have very high living costs so I'm trying to stay away from London Universities.
Thanks, but I think London will have very high living costs so I'm trying to stay away from London Universities.

That’s fine. Have you started work experience or volunteering
Original post by lion-tiger
That’s fine. Have you started work experience or volunteering

Ive done work experience in dentists, GPs surgery. I was planning on doing some charity work. Do you mind me asking what you do?
Ive done work experience in dentists, GPs surgery. I was planning on doing some charity work. Do you mind me asking what you do?

I’ve organised 2 weeks gp practice, done a few days in the hospital and I volunteer weekly in hospital wards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending