The Student Room Group

Studying at a Welsh college (and living in Wales) but parents live in England.

I am currently 17, 18 next month and about to start college in Wales to do my A Levels in September 2018 but my parents live in England. What would be the bursary situation for me? For example, I need student finance to help with rent in Wales, school supplies etc. Please advise what I would get as I know the circumstances are different between Wales/England. I would turn 19 in my first year of A levels and 20 in my second year.
Original post by emmarosef
I am currently 17, 18 next month and about to start college in Wales to do my A Levels in September 2018 but my parents live in England. What would be the bursary situation for me? For example, I need student finance to help with rent in Wales, school supplies etc. Please advise what I would get as I know the circumstances are different between Wales/England. I would turn 19 in my first year of A levels and 20 in my second year.

Hi Emmarosef,

I just need to ask a few questions in order to help you there.

What is your nationality?

where do you live normally?

Did you go to school in England?

Thank you,

John.
Reply 2
Original post by John B SFE
Hi Emmarosef,

I just need to ask a few questions in order to help you there.

What is your nationality?

where do you live normally?

Did you go to school in England?

Thank you,

John.

Hi. British from England . Live in England normally and went to school in England .
Original post by emmarosef
Hi. British from England . Live in England normally and went to school in England .

Hi Emmarosef,

Thank you for answering those questions.

Unfortunately A-levels aren't funded by Student Finance. I'd recommend getting in touch with the college as they'll likely be more able to point you in the right direction.

Best wishes,

John.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending