The Student Room Group

Would you ever have a relationship with someone outside your race?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tiarichards16
Sorry I should of been more specific I do apologise. What I meant was that my auntie meet my uncle about 3 years ago and when my uncle proposed he had to speak to his family to make sure they accepted this marriage. His family accepted the marriage but requested that they had an Indian wedding instead of an English wedding which my auntie agreed. My auntie was born in Wales but currently lives in England and my uncle was born in India but moved to England when he was a kid. I hope this clears up the confusion :smile:

What you said before suggested that you thought she was accepted easily into the family because she was white and implied that people who aren't white e.g a black girl wouldn't be accepted into the family.
Can you please delete the comment?
Why do I keep commenting anony when I don't want to!
I never ticked it!
Original post by Anonymous
What you said before suggested that you thought she was accepted easily into the family because she was white and implied that people who aren't white e.g a black girl wouldn't be accepted into the family.
Can you please delete the comment?

I was not implying that what I was trying to say that anyone would be accepted into the family no matter their skin colour, race or religion :ashamed2:
:smile:
Original post by helpmepolice1

for me i feel like the better question is "will i ever date someone of my race"

I mean it's not intentional there's just no other 1/4 Filipino 3/4 White people hanging around my area, and none of the full filipinos I've met are cute so the only people I've dated were white or half korean.
I was not implying that what I was trying to say that anyone would be accepted into the family no matter their skin colour, race or religion :ashamed2:

Don’t worry about this girl, she twists and misinterprets everything as an attack on black people. Your point came across as your Aunt had no trouble being accepted by her Indian husband’s family, not that you thought black people wouldn’t be accepted.
Asians have an inferiority complex especially when it comes to white people. The imbalance in out marriage in the Asian American community is especially jarring. Asian women marry out at a higher rate then any other minority by at least 3 times the amount. They see white as marrying up. Its even stranger when you see how many White Supremacists have Asian wives.

It is so so sad but they view marrying someone darker than them is to marry down.
This girl (half black half Korean) is engaged to this (full Korean) man and the parents pretend to be sick because they don't want to accept her.
They even say "Why don't you marry another white girl" in the clip.

Not dating someone because it will be an inconvenience to your parents is allowing superiority to thrive and exist.
This is why I don't get it when Muslim Asian people in the UK (Pakistani) say they'll only date Muslims. But I'm quite glad to see the rise in interracial and interreligion (is that a word) in England!

I also understand that some cultures believe in being homogeneous but if your parents wanted to keep their bloodlines "purely" (arguable since I'm from about 12 countries yet my parents say I'm Hadramii) then they should not have come to Britain. Britain is a beautiful melting pot of cultures which is why I certainly disagree with the "ghettos" being formed by the south asian community in areas such as Tower Hamlets or the "white only" areas of London such as Kingston upon Thames.

This video is really sad but you can watch it if you wish
[video="youtube;g2DEjrrGkps"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2DEjrrGkps[/video]
Original post by cat_mac
Don’t worry about this girl, she twists and misinterprets everything as an attack on black people. Your point came across as your Aunt had no trouble being accepted by her Indian husband’s family, not that you thought black people wouldn’t be accepted.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 269
Original post by helpmepolice1

I thought social workers would encourage you to work on you’re relationship rather than leave your partner but maybe I’m looking at this the wrong way and I need to go wife this Pakistani girl provided she hasn’t yet had a marriage arranged
Reply 270
I'm not a racist but I won't be in an interracial relationship bc cultures are different. (just what I feel)
Original post by Ewok94
I thought social workers would encourage you to work on you’re relationship rather than leave your partner but maybe I’m looking at this the wrong way and I need to go wife this Pakistani girl provided she hasn’t yet had a marriage arranged

I believe that if you feel your relationship isn't working after talking to your partner, then its best to go different ways and move on with your life. But I advise you not to jump too quickly like you are going to (wife this girl) as it may not end well so just take this step by step.
As above.

(Just so we’re clear - it’s not racist to say that you wouldn’t... What you’re attracted does not mean you’re discriminatory against people)

Given every human on Earth is my race, yes. I'd need to find a homo sapien *not sapien* to have a relationship with somebody outside my race
Reply 273
I believe that if you feel your relationship isn't working after talking to your partner, then its best to go different ways and move on with your life. But I advise you not to jump too quickly like you are going to (wife this girl) as it may not end well so just take this step by step.

Thank you for your advice, I probably should have made a move at the time but this is pie in the sky stuff now, whats done is done. I will die unhappy 😂
Original post by Ewok94
Thank you for your advice, I probably should have made a move at the time but this is pie in the sky stuff now, whats done is done. I will die unhappy 😂

You're welcome. What ever choice that you make from now I wish you good luck and all the best
Are you threatened by black twitter?
Black twitter only exposes whites who think they aren't racist but have an unconscious bias towards black people.
E.g an tennis scholar (bc in America you get scholarships for uni for sports) who was kicked out of college (uni) and his tennis team for saying to a black person that "At least I have a dad"

Yeah, I’m totally threatened.

& I’ve seen many instances where black twitter get away with saying things that white twitter would be attacked for saying
I know right. The fact that she was trying to say that I'm racist when I'm not as I accept everyone for who they are. Also I have friends who are different gender, race, religion and skin colour
Reply 277
You're welcome. What ever choice that you make from now I wish you good luck and all the best

I wish you all the luck in your career
Original post by Ewok94
I wish you all the luck in your career

Thank you :smile:
Certainly! In process

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending