The Student Room Group

My attempt at a blog :/

Right i'm creating this blog in the hope that I can stay motivated with my life goal of driving a lambo with a six pack. It may sound like quite a simple goal, however, getting there isn't so simple.... I will try to post each day so I can notify myself of how well i'm doing achieving this goal. Obviously this goal ain't gonna be achieved in a year.... Give it 10 years minimum lmao. I also see Lamborghini's (200k+ ones....) in my gym car park which just makes me feel that it is definitely possible if i work hard enough.

Now about me..... I always tend to lose motivation because my mind always wonders towards negative things which make me depressed. This is what will be the biggest barrier to face and I hope that creating this blog will allow me to eventually break it. I hope to be a software engineer when i'm older and atm i am 17. I hope to go to university next year to study computer science, i will go to Leeds or Royal Holloway. I also hope to find a good routine at the gym that allows me to get super fit.

I think that's it tbh, i will start posting on the blog tomorrow. Also I don't expect people to care... If you want to post stuff to help me out along the way then definitely feel free and I will be very thankful :h:

Wish me luck!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ryanthom100
Also I don't expect people to care...
Well tough because I'm here.:hand:
Original post by 04MR17
Well tough because I'm here.:hand:

Aha thanks lol
Day 1:

Today I didn't do jack **** and played fifa all day. I will be really busy tomorrow (lmao I really won't imma get up at 10:30am and then go to the hospital which is in central London so it will take a while to travel there) so i will most likely go to the gym on Tuesday. However, I will end tonight with my core work out which is pretty intense and hard for me to do. I also had a banging roast dinner :wink: I think it's fair to say that I have failed today....
(edited 6 years ago)
Day 1:

Today I didn't do jack **** and played fifa all day. I will be really busy tomorrow (lmao I really won't imma get up at 10:30am and then go to the hospital which is in central London so it will take a while to travel there) so i will most likely go to the gym on Tuesday. However, I will end tonight with my core work out which is pretty intense and hard for me to do. I also had a banging roast dinner :wink: I think it's fair to say that I have failed today....
:slap: Football is stupid.:noway:

Enjoy that workout.:dumbells: And ROAST DINNER:gah::drool:
Original post by 04MR17
:slap: Football is stupid.:noway:

Enjoy that workout.:dumbells: And ROAST DINNER:gah::drool:

It's weird as I never watch irl football but play FIFA 😂. Also the core workout killed me lmao
Day 2:

I woke up at 10:30am this morning and then played FIFA. Afterwards, I had to go to the hospital and then went for a costa with my mum and grandad. When I got back home I played FIFA more (I really need to stop my addiction...) and then finished day 2 with my core workout. I swear the more I write what I do in a day the more I realise how easy my life is, even though it doesnt really feel as easy as it should 😅
Oh I go to college atm, I couldn't go today because of the hospital. I am also meant to be going in on Friday but my class have the day off luckily. So this week I am only in on Wednesday and Thursday, but normally I am in for four days a week.
Fuuuuck I forgot to update this for yesterday, i need to set a daily reminder lmao.

Day 3: Yesterday I went to the gym for around 2 hours and a half. I didn't do any core exercises as yesterday was my rest day for core, however I did lots of arm and my usual amount of leg exercises, this also includes 30 mins of cardio. I also completed sprint retrospective document for my teacher. My next gym workout will be on Thursday.
Day 4:

Today I got to college early and went to the library to return a book. I was hesitant at first as I didn't want to see my ex-crushes friend as her lessons are right near mine. She is super hot and I just feel regret for not approaching her instead of my ex-crush. I would approach her but because of certain events in the past year, my ex-crush thinks I'm a complete creep (I'm really not...) so her hot friend probably thinks the same. So after feeling regret for nearly the whole day, I managed to get only a little bit of college work done. I did my daily core workout and am now ending it by watching Kendrick Lamar music videos. Hopefully, tomorrow goes better, it most likely will as I have a zero chance of seeing my ex-crushes friend as I'm pretty sure she doesn't have lessons on Thursday or Friday :smile:
I need to set a daily reminder lmao.
:poke:
So after feeling regret for nearly the whole day,
Don't dwell on it, you're great.:hugs:
Original post by 04MR17
Don't dwell on it, you're great.:hugs:

Aha thanks lol, ur great to
Day 5:

I woke up to my alarm and the next thing I know... I am being woke up by my sister. However, even though I still had time to go into college I just wasnt feeling it. So instead I did some college work at home. Then I also didn't go to the gym as I was questioning the point of going. So after feeling depressed the whole day I knew I had to tell somebody. I went for a sleepover at my grandparents, I wasn't gonna tell them however I asked my grandad a simple question and it led to me telling him EVERYTHING (The convo lasted for about 2 hours). But, oh boy it felt good. I got some good advice I am going to follow to get my mind in the right state :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Nice blog. :smile: What have you been doing in regards to software engineering? Why do you want to be a software engineer?
Original post by Toy Soldiers
Nice blog. :smile: What have you been doing in regards to software engineering? Why do you want to be a software engineer?

Well atm I'm just doing college work. Once my mind feels healthy enough mentally I will start to code again, but atm I'm not really doing anything coding related tbh. I want to be a software engineer because I love the project planning behind software projects and when I solve a problem in a piece of code it's the only true happiness I feel :smile:
I need to set a daily reminder lmao.
Original post by 04MR17

err yeah I have kinda given up... I am now u enthusiastic to do anything and do choirs and play video games. I now live a boring life....
Right i'm creating this blog in the hope that I can stay motivated with my life goal of driving a lambo with a six pack. It may sound like quite a simple goal, however, getting there isn't so simple.... I will try to post each day so I can notify myself of how well i'm doing achieving this goal. Obviously this goal ain't gonna be achieved in a year.... Give it 10 years minimum lmao. I also see Lamborghini's (200k+ ones....) in my gym car park which just makes me feel that it is definitely possible if i work hard enough.

Now about me..... I always tend to lose motivation because my mind always wonders towards negative things which make me depressed. This is what will be the biggest barrier to face and I hope that creating this blog will allow me to eventually break it. I hope to be a software engineer when i'm older and atm i am 17. I hope to go to university next year to study computer science, i will go to Leeds or Royal Holloway. I also hope to find a good routine at the gym that allows me to get super fit.

I think that's it tbh, i will start posting on the blog tomorrow. Also I don't expect people to care... If you want to post stuff to help me out along the way then definitely feel free and I will be very thankful :h:

Wish me luck!

Good luck :h:
err yeah I have kinda given up... I am now u enthusiastic to do anything and do choirs and play video games. I now live a boring life....
Don't give up.:cry: It was going so well.:redface: There's nothing wrong with a boring life.:colondollar:
Original post by tiarichards16
Good luck :h:

Thanks! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest