The Student Room Group

What is the UK equivalent of High school diploma and other questions

Hello folks,

I'm a 23 year old guy from Romania. I recently moved to UK and i would like to continue my studies.

I own a Graduation Certificate from High School (Certificat de Absolvire a Liceului). This certificate awarded to those who completed secondary school but who do not take or pass the Bacalaureat exam [equal to A levels].

I'm trying to explore how could i use this cert in the UK. This cert equals mostly GCSE, but we don't get grades on this exam, only PASS or FAIL.

My main goal is to take the "A Level" exams without course and without taking all the GCSE.

Any advice?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by toobig4u
Hello folks,

I'm a 23 year old guy from Romania. I recently moved to UK and i would like to continue my studies.

I own a Graduation Certificate from High School (Certificat de Absolvire a Liceului). This certificate awarded to those who completed grade twelve in a secondary school but who do not take or pass the Bacalaureat exam [equal to A levels].

I'm trying to explore how could i use this cert in the UK. This cert equals mostly GCSE, but we don't get grades on this exam, only PASS or FAIL.

Any advice?

So from what I understand you want to study at university in the UK? If so, read this, it should give you all the info you need to know! If it doesn't, contact the places you wish to study at and ask what their entry requirements are for international students! https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/international-and-eu-students/tips-international-applications
Reply 2
Original post by AngelaVickers
So from what I understand you want to study at university in the UK? If so, read this, it should give you all the info you need to know! If it doesn't, contact the places you wish to study at and ask what their entry requirements are for international students! https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/international-and-eu-students/tips-international-applications

I would like to take the "A Level" exams without course and without taking all the GCSE.
I would like to take the "A Level" exams without course and without taking all the GCSE.

If you have successfully passed your secondary education then I'm sure you'll be able to study A-Levels without having to take GCSES as it will be considered equivalent! Will you be studying A-Levels through a school or online course?

Do you mean you want to self study A-Levels and then do the exams?
Reply 5
Yes, I would like to self-study from online materials and take the exams as a private candidate.
Reply 6
You can skip GCSEs and A levels, it just depends on how old you are and what you want to study if you’re going on to Uni. The best place to start is with the Universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending