The Student Room Group

Hate my life

I have so many friends at school yet I feel so lonely? I have so much anxiety all the time so even though I have the bestest friends if people are there who I don’t know then I feel like I can’t go... I just feel really alone and lonely? I’m in year 10 and just feel like I’m wishing my life away? Like it’s always who am I gonna sit with at dinner this day it’s just very draining... Advice needed X

Scroll to see replies

You don't really hate life. You probably just hate all the things that are happening in your life right now. Many people never get to notice the difference, and it often leads to tragedy
Yeah your right... what do you mean tragedy?
Reply 3
Do you have any passion for something? Any hobbies? Anything that allows you to set a goal? Goals give me a reason to live and that's what you should aim to find. Also do you go out with your friends or do you only meet at school? If not try spending time with them outside school, go eat together, watch movies, play games. let me know what you think :smile:
Trust me you're not washing your life away, i fully understand how you feel, I've been in your situation and I felt the exact same way. I felt like this was it I was gonna feel this way forever and that I'd never be content, but when you learn to love yourself for who you are and not to worry about 'friends' and things like that, it becomes so much easier. I had a BEST friend and there was literally nothing that could pull us apart but I had this really big fear that one day I'd lose her because she knew everything about me and I 'needed' her. But guess what, a few years went by and we literally just stopped trusting eachither and nothing had happened, this took me months to get over but I put coed myself up, I literally only had myself (this happened in yr 10), I'm now in year 11, yes I have friends- plenty of them and I fully appreciate my friends but DONT rely on them for your comfort. I'm now in year 11 and I'm gonna leave most of my friends when I get to college, but I can still keep in touch with them, we're all gonna go our own ways and throughout your life, you're the only person who's going to be there for you, idk if this will help you, bc when people would tell me this stuff I was just like 'yh but you don't know how I feel or what I've been through' so I get it, but hearing another persons story might help???
Original post by Maven Writers
You don't really hate life. You probably just hate all the things that are happening in your life right now. Many people never get to notice the difference, and it often leads to tragedy

I agree ^^ 👍🏼
Sorry but for me 'hate my life' would mean if I lost someone who I loved or cared about and I wouldnt be able to cope after but I dont understand what is wrong with yours?
Sorry but what your saying has no relevance to what I posted... I asked for advice not for people to make me feel worse
Original post by brad_j_1997
Sorry but what your saying has no relevance to what I posted... I asked for advice not for people to make me feel worse

Hold up your getting abit touchy there, how are ppl supposed to help when they dont get what your situation is? No one is trying to make you feel worse, no point jumping to conclusions
Yeah hearing other people’s stories really help me thank you very much for that x
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Hold up your getting abit touchy there, how are ppl supposed to help when they dont get what your situation is? No one is trying to make you feel worse, no point jumping to conclusions

Yeah because why comment on my post if your just gonna be negative about it? I have social anxiety so making friends or keeping friends is very hard and it makes things like school draining day after day and I’m sick of it
Original post by Den902
Do you have any passion for something? Any hobbies? Anything that allows you to set a goal? Goals give me a reason to live and that's what you should aim to find. Also do you go out with your friends or do you only meet at school? If not try spending time with them outside school, go eat together, watch movies, play games. let me know what you think :smile:

I do sometimes meet with them but only very rarely and they often cancel x
Yeah because why comment on my post if your just gonna be negative about it? I have social anxiety so making friends or keeping friends is very hard and it makes things like school draining day after day and I’m sick of it

Omds, look I wasnt trying to be negative and apologies if my post did come across like that, How long have you had social anxiety for?
Omds, look I wasnt trying to be negative and apologies if my post did come across like that, How long have you had social anxiety for?

Well I’m sorry too I’ve had a bad day so I’m not really in the best head but thanks for apologising, about 2/3 Years and I go to counselling and sometimes it feels like things are getting better and sometimes I just feel miserable it’s hard
Well I’m sorry too I’ve had a bad day so I’m not really in the best head but thanks for apologising, about 2/3 Years and I go to counselling and sometimes it feels like things are getting better and sometimes I just feel miserable it’s hard

Well, I should of taken into account how you were feeling and I didnt. When did it all start? Did something happen in your life for you to isolate yourself from friends?
Well, I should of taken into account how you were feeling and I didnt. When did it all start? Did something happen in your life for you to isolate yourself from friends?

It’s fine don’t worry about it, I would say it started when I started high school, I don’t even know how it started I realised I was nervous for a lot of things so I avoided them a lot and now it’s just a vicious cycle really
It’s fine don’t worry about it, I would say it started when I started high school, I don’t even know how it started I realised I was nervous for a lot of things so I avoided them a lot and now it’s just a vicious cycle really

Tbh isolating and pushing yourself away from your mates isnt the answer, it will become worse for you, have you tried seeing a doctor? spoke to your parents about it?
Kind of similar to how I felt in year 11 I guess. It was pretty crappy, but you'll soon be feeling better.
Original post by RedGiant
Kind of similar to how I felt in year 11 I guess. It was pretty crappy, but you'll soon be feeling better.

How did you deal with it?
Tbh isolating and pushing yourself away from your mates isnt the answer, it will become worse for you, have you tried seeing a doctor? spoke to your parents about it?

Yeah I’ve been to see a doctor twice and I’m currently having CBT therapy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending