The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation at SHU

I received my offer from SHU a couple of days ago, still waiting on my Student ID being registered into their system so that I can apply for accommodation, however, I am a complete stress head and I'm genuinely concerned about accommodation availability.

The applications for accommodation opened in December, meaning that potentially thousands of people who received offers before me have already applied to the accommodation that I am pretty specific about. I'm extremely concerned that I won't get any of my three choices of accommodation and will be plopped into some random accommodation that I will not be able to settle in, and won't hear this until later in the year when my grades get sent to UCAS.

Are you able to put my anxious mind at ease? Am I too late to have a guaranteed accommodation for one of my three choices? When do the majority of people apply for accommodation? Thanks a ton for reading my question!
Original post by Zemus
I received my offer from SHU a couple of days ago, still waiting on my Student ID being registered into their system so that I can apply for accommodation, however, I am a complete stress head and I'm genuinely concerned about accommodation availability.

The applications for accommodation opened in December, meaning that potentially thousands of people who received offers before me have already applied to the accommodation that I am pretty specific about. I'm extremely concerned that I won't get any of my three choices of accommodation and will be plopped into some random accommodation that I will not be able to settle in, and won't hear this until later in the year when my grades get sent to UCAS.

Are you able to put my anxious mind at ease? Am I too late to have a guaranteed accommodation for one of my three choices? When do the majority of people apply for accommodation? Thanks a ton for reading my question!

Just ring them an the reps on shu are very helpful as well.

Dont forget you need a deposit.

I wouldnt worry theres loads of accommodation.
Dont forget people who firm it will then get offers from April and people are still getting offers all the time o.e they didnt have them in September. Insurance will have to wait till August.

Just get your application in.

https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/accommodation/how-and-when-to-apply
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Just ring them an the reps on shu are very helpful as well.

Dont forget you need a deposit.

I wouldnt worry theres loads of accommodation.
Dont forget people who firm it will then get offers from April and people are still getting offers all the time o.e they didnt have them in September. Insurance will have to wait till August.

Just get your application in.

https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/accommodation/how-and-when-to-apply

Thank you for responding, I'm hoping that my Student ID will be registered in their system tomorrow so I can apply. I thought SHU only offer accommodation once they have my grades from UCAS?
Original post by Zemus
Thank you for responding, I'm hoping that my Student ID will be registered in their system tomorrow so I can apply. I thought SHU only offer accommodation once they have my grades from UCAS?

Sorry have misread.
Yes.
I was just dealing with someone who had an unconditional and already had the grades.

Once you have received a course offer, applied for accommodation and you have made Sheffield Hallam University your firm choice, you will be made an offer of accommodation by email anytime from April. However applications from students with a conditional offer of study will be held until confirmation from UCAS has been received and University academic conditions have been met. Once your status has changed through UCAS to an unconditional firm and you meet the academic requirements for the course, you will be offered accommodation.

Just ring them and stop stressing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending