The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Please Help: Finding a Stranger I met on Valentine’s Day

We’ve all had a moment where we have met someone who we know we will likely never meet again. Well here is my story to add to that pile. I met a girl today at Durham Open Day who is the most radiant person I have ever met with this really infectious smile. We laughed and talked in a busy cafe and I found myself suddenly shy and laughing nervously at how genuine and kind this girl was. I never asked her name or number and soon realised my folly and ran all the way back to where we met but she had gone. I’m starting a social media campaign to find this girl and I am listing all the information I know about her below, please, please message me if you think this applies to you or a friend.

1) she was a blonde, white English girl
2) she attended Durham Post-Offer Visit Day on the 14th of Feb 2018
3) she applied for Trevelyan College,
4) she was doing a degree in one of the sciences,
5) she was applying for a music scholarship (her Mom and her were discussing it at lunch)
6) she thought she had stolen my panini from the lunch queue (this one sounds odd but it will make sense to her, it was funny)
7) she and her Mom joined me and my Dad at our table in the cafe.

Once again please help guys I ran back to get her number and she was gone so now I am left with no clue as to who she was and social media is my last resort.
(edited 6 years ago)
Sounds creepy yet cute!-nevertheless I hope you find her!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mc_miah
Sounds creepy yet cute!-nevertheless I hope you find her!!

I know it sounds so creepy but this is literally my last resort, we’ve all had that moment of seeing a perfect stranger but I sat and ate lunch with her and still didn’t find out who she was. Thanks for the support though
Reply 3
Why didn't you just ask for her snapchat or any form of social media
Reply 4
Just asked some kid in the applicant chat I hope you find you
Reply 5
Original post by ak_0213
Why didn't you just ask for her snapchat or any form of social media

I suppose a mixture of nerves and the fact that her Mom was there and it would have felt kind of awkward
Reply 6
Original post by ak_0213
Just asked some kid in the applicant chat I hope you find you

That’s awesome thank you
Reply 7
Original post by JBFHarrison
I suppose a mixture of nerves and the fact that her Mom was there and it would have felt kind of awkward

I see, I have already asked in the Durham applicants chat I hope you find her cause this is cute
Creepy or not - we have all been there. The mysterious person, the friendly look, the quick chat. Both a bit lost and a little nervous. Then you realise you goofed and should have done something. I did do something, and I married her. Best of luck to you!
Reply 9
Aww this is sosososo sweet! I mean this is like the stuff of romcoms! Sorry I’m not much help but I’ll keep a lookout - hope you find her.
Go to the local police station and describe her, you should get some results
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx

Noted
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx

Hmm might be taking it a little far there don’t wanna come across like a creep haha

Quick Reply

Latest