The Student Room Group

Biology, Physics, Maths, FM

Is anyone studying Biology, Physics, Maths, Further Maths A-Levels? What's it like? Is it a lot of work, etc?And would this be a good combination to get into top universities for both Biology and Computer Science? That's my main reason for thinking about the combination, because I can't decide between the two but would like to get into a top uni.
Original post by Slaytallicadeth
Is anyone studying Biology, Physics, Maths, Further Maths A-Levels? What's it like? Is it a lot of work, etc?And would this be a good combination to get into top universities for both Biology and Computer Science? That's my main reason for thinking about the combination, because I can't decide between the two but would like to get into a top uni.

I'm doing the same but with Chemistry instead of Biology. From what I hear, Biology is just a bit more work than Chemistry. The workload for these subjects is honestly not that bad. I'm just wondering why you wouldn't do Computer Science A level instead of Further Maths or Physics.
Original post by Nagromicous
I'm doing the same but with Chemistry instead of Biology. From what I hear, Biology is just a bit more work than Chemistry. The workload for these subjects is honestly not that bad. I'm just wondering why you wouldn't do Computer Science A level instead of Further Maths or Physics.

From what I've seen on university websites, FM and Physics actually seem to be preferred over Computer Science for some reason. And Physics keeps my options a little more open than Computer Science too. It's good to hear that the workload isn't too bad, I'm a bit worried about what four subjects is like but I guess FM doesn't count as a full one. :smile:
Original post by Slaytallicadeth
From what I've seen on university websites, FM and Physics actually seem to be preferred over Computer Science for some reason. And Physics keeps my options a little more open than Computer Science too. It's good to hear that the workload isn't too bad, I'm a bit worried about what four subjects is like but I guess FM doesn't count as a full one. :smile:

That may be true about CompSci. I know it's not necessary.
You're right, Maths and Further Maths combined is definitely less work than Physics and Chemistry combined.

Quick Reply

Latest