The Student Room Group

Changing sixth forms

Hi
I'm really unhappy at my current sixth form, where I haven't made any friends. My social anxiety and depression have made the 6 months I have spent here lonely and miserable. I want to move into my best friend's sixth form where i feel i would be much happier.

However, I'm doing 2-year courses (so I won't be taking any AS exams) and so it might be difficult to move. I don't want to have to move down a year, because to be honest I just want A-levels to be over as soon as possible.

I could deal with staying at my current sixth form, but I feel like my mental health would be a lot better if I moved.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Original post by sunflower11
Hi
I'm really unhappy at my current sixth form, where I haven't made any friends. My social anxiety and depression have made the 6 months I have spent here lonely and miserable. I want to move into my best friend's sixth form where i feel i would be much happier.

However, I'm doing 2-year courses (so I won't be taking any AS exams) and so it might be difficult to move. I don't want to have to move down a year, because to be honest I just want A-levels to be over as soon as possible.

I could deal with staying at my current sixth form, but I feel like my mental health would be a lot better if I moved.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

You just sound confused. Highly unlikely the other sixth form will let you join in year 13, but you can ask.

Imo realise its probably not done your studies any good and if you are that unhappy then move and cut your losses.
Hey, I’m so sorry you feel like this, I know how you feel as I’m in the exact situation. There’s nothing wrong with retaking a year at all, as if you think you’ll be happier then it will be worth it. Just make sure you weigh up all the pros and cons of both sixth forms so you make a balanced decision. Good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest