The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2008 spec starting from 2018?

I am *considering* a gap year and part of this is I want to know whether I can do the old-spec maths syllabus?
Original post by DrSebWilkes
I am *considering* a gap year and part of this is I want to know whether I can do the old-spec maths syllabus?

Hi! Do every past paper you can, I also did my gcse maths early (in year 9) and I was doing past papers from 1997, I was also doing national 5s, sec 4 (Singaporean gcses essentially) etc.
Practice practice practice and you'll get an A* (or a 9)

How come you're taking a gap year though. Are you moving abroad and coming back to england?
Original post by erratic_deus
Hi! Do every past paper you can, I also did my gcse maths early (in year 9) and I was doing past papers from 1997, I was also doing national 5s, sec 4 (Singaporean gcses essentially) etc.

How come you're taking a gap year though. Are you moving abroad and coming back to england?

Well yes, I am. But it's not about whether or not I would do it: this is a case of can I physically enter myself or not?
Well yes, I am. But it's not about whether or not I would do it: this is a case of can I physically enter myself or not?

You can enter yourself as a private candidate! You'll probably pay about £60 if you're applying to sit the exam in 2019 now.
Have you heard of London Brookes?
You will not sit the old papers, you'll sit the new ones.
You can sit the old ones this year.
Original post by thekidwhogames
You can sit the old ones this year.

I am sitting further maths, but I am asking if I can do additional further next year?
I am sitting further maths, but I am asking if I can do additional further next year?

No. I wanted to do this too (I'm taking old Maths and FM) but unless you're resitting, you can never do it (it's not available next year or in the new spec).
No. I wanted to do this too (I'm taking old Maths and FM) but unless you're resitting, you can never do it (it's not available next year or in the new spec).

:frown:

so erm ... .... what now? What alternative is there?
:frown:

so erm ... .... what now? What alternative is there?

There isn't any. Unless you want to learn another 6 modules now.

Good advice though I'm confused; you said you've done your GCSE early yet on your goals document you said you're aiming for a 9 and are doing FM GCSE? Then you haven't done it early...?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vau6sJrp-KtWER4HiT91O1x7F4DTND9YbnISkCPcPYU/edit
Good advice though I'm confused; you said you've done your GCSE early yet on your goals document you said you're aiming for a 9 and are doing FM GCSE? Then you haven't done it early...?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vau6sJrp-KtWER4HiT91O1x7F4DTND9YbnISkCPcPYU/edit

I sat statistics! It is my maths gcse (based on the attainment 8) my first mathematics score counts! I'm not sure but my examination officer warned me that if I failed this exam in year 9, my others etc.
I sat statistics! It is my maths gcse (based on the attainment 8) my first mathematics score counts! I'm not sure but my examination officer warned me that if I failed this exam in year 9, my others etc.

Ah, how did you find statistics?

Quick Reply

Latest