The Student Room Group

Four Year Graduate Medicine

Next year I am hoping to apply to study 4 year graduate medicine in the UK. However I noticed that many of the 4 year graduate medicine courses required an A level in chemistry as a requirement. I sat both the Irish leaving certificate and studied my undergraduate degree in Ireland. As an undergraduate degree I completed a BSc in biochemistry but did not do chemistry for my leaving certificate(Irish equivalent of the A levels). I was just wondering do you think this may pose a problem for me in applying to graduate medicine courses in the UK?
Original post by keithd19
Next year I am hoping to apply to study 4 year graduate medicine in the UK. However I noticed that many of the 4 year graduate medicine courses required an A level in chemistry as a requirement. I sat both the Irish leaving certificate and studied my undergraduate degree in Ireland. As an undergraduate degree I completed a BSc in biochemistry but did not do chemistry for my leaving certificate(Irish equivalent of the A levels). I was just wondering do you think this may pose a problem for me in applying to graduate medicine courses in the UK?

Some of the GEPs may accept the chemistry modules you took during your BSc as being equivalent to A level chemistry. Email the med schools you're interested in and ask for clarification. There are also some GEPs which have no A level requirement at all.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
What Democracy said, there's 4+ that don't so you can fill out all your options without needing to do an A Level. However you may/will have to sit more than one entrance exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending