The Student Room Group

Ill on school trip

Not long ago I was ill in Venice after a 27hr coach journey. I lost loads of weight and didn’t eat. When I got back I was diagnosed with tonsillitis. Now I’m aware it’s the teachers duty to look after you if you are ill. But I feel they were too obsessive. One teacher in specific kept walking in on me without knocking every hour. I was sleeping one day and I woke up and they were sitting on my bed looking at me. They persisted to ask me if I wanted to come out and have iced coffee or wanted to go in a taxi, but I just wanted to be alone. Is it possible too much attention can make you sick?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Not long ago I was ill in Venice after a 27hr coach journey. I lost loads of weight and didn’t eat. When I got back I was diagnosed with tonsillitis. Now I’m aware it’s the teachers duty to look after you if you are ill. But I feel they were too obsessive. One teacher in specific kept walking in on me without knocking every hour. I was sleeping one day and I woke up and they were sitting on my bed looking at me. They persisted to ask me if I wanted to come out and have iced coffee or wanted to go in a taxi, but I just wanted to be alone. Is it possible too much attention can make you sick?

It's not really going to make you physically sick, but it can annoy you which can make you feel more sick.
It's awkward being a teacher in a situation like that cos if it were your kid you'd want to know they were being taken care of (and it's their job), but you don't know how much fuss different kids would want.
Does sound like the sort of thing that would have driven me crazy though. I'm not a fan of all that attention either- especially not if I'm asleep.
If you had tonsilitis then you should not have lost so much weight,.Did you tell your teacher to stop checking up on you too much? This might have stopped you getting a proper rest. Are you ok now?
Original post by Anonymous

You could quite easily have had something as serious as meningitis and without the right attention you could have ended up dead. Your teachers are not medical professionals and quite understandably monitored your condition carefully.

Quick Reply

Latest