The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE History Undergraduate - Firmers 2018/09

There was no thread for straight BA History undergraduates so I thought I’d start one —> Anybody started applying for accomodation yet?
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey what's up, I applied for straight history aswell- you're the only other person I've seen :biggrin:. I got into further assessment in Jan 7th so I'll hopefully here in like 3 weeks or so. Congrats on your offer!! May I ask what your grades/predicted grades are?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by DrinkerOfCups
Hey what's up, I applied for straight history aswell- you're the only other person I've seen :biggrin:. I got into further assessment in Jan 7th so I'll hopefully here in like 3 weeks or so. Congrats on your offer!! May I ask what your grades/predicted grades are?

Hi! I’m on a gap year at the moment so my results where A*A*A :smile: I’m sure you will hear good news!!
Congrats! I hope so, may I ask what your gcses were and how long it took for you to find out? What are you doing on your gap year :smile:?
Reply 4
Sure! I got 6 A*s, 2 As and 3 Bs at GCSE, and I found out in early January. I am just working on my gap year the moment but hopefully, I will be going travelling soon! :smile:
Wow congrats on everything man, I hope to be in the same position as you soon :smile:! Where are you thinking of going travelling and where else did you apply?
Hey! Just got an offer today, so happy! Have you started applying for accommodation?
Reply 7
Wow congrats on everything man, I hope to be in the same position as you soon ! Where are you thinking of going travelling and where else did you apply?

Hey! Just got an offer today, so happy! Have you started applying for accommodation?

Thank you so much! I am hoping to go to Vietnam I think - anywhere warmer and sunnier than the UK! I'm thrilled to hear you got an offer, congratulations!! Yeah, I've already applied and accepted accommodation at Bankside :smile:
Anyone of you guys that sit the UGAA test and applied for history? I sit it today and I think I did a good job on essay and précis but presumably bad at math section C, do u think I may get a chance? or they really cares of math even though I am a history applicant?
a
Original post by IssyJuly7
Thank you so much! I am hoping to go to Vietnam I think - anywhere warmer and sunnier than the UK! I'm thrilled to hear you got an offer, congratulations!! Yeah, I've already applied and accepted accommodation at Bankside :smile:

That sounds fun, I've always wanted to go to south-east Asia. Can I ask how you got opinions and information on accommodation? Also, do you know anyone else applying/has an offer for history? You're the only one I've seen so far :biggrin:
Original post by Riccardo 1
Anyone of you guys that sit the UGAA test and applied for history? I sit it today and I think I did a good job on essay and précis but presumably bad at math section C, do u think I may get a chance? or they really cares of math even though I am a history applicant?

Hey I haven't done it, but I got a B at GCSE maths, which would be seen very low for such a prestigious institution like this, so I guess that Maths isn't considered that important if you are good at history in general
Reply 11
a

That sounds fun, I've always wanted to go to south-east Asia. Can I ask how you got opinions and information on accommodation? Also, do you know anyone else applying/has an offer for history? You're the only one I've seen so far :biggrin:

I basically just scrolled through the student room for a few days, but I picked Bankside because I liked it when I visited and I love the location - I guess it all depends on personal preference!

Yeah, I literally have no idea where all the other history applicants are...😂 I guess we'll meet them on the Offer Holders day!
Reply 12
Hey, I'm Alice and have firmed for Hist at LSE, going to apply for accommodation this week! Passfield I am hoping for! I'm on my 'gap yaaaah' too :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by aolee98
Hey, I'm Alice and have firmed for Hist at LSE, going to apply for accommodation this week! Passfield I am hoping for! I'm on my 'gap yaaaah' too :smile:

Sweeeet. Are you going to the offer holder day tomorrow?
I'm straight history too... havn't firmed yet because i still kinda wanna study in Manchester but id be mad to turn down lse right?? Where's the best accomodation at ? seems like theres not much available _ especially since i wanted self-catered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending