The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey, glad we've got each other. How are you feeling? Do you have any idea what you're going to do now?
Original post by AmyMac1
Hey, glad we've got each other. How are you feeling? Do you have any idea what you're going to do now?

I assume this is to me? Fine I was hoping for LSE, but with acceptance rates really low its just the way it is. LSB is a highly rated university. So I am content. However, it does make one feel unworthy when you keep being rejected.
I applied to Dundee, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Edinburgh Napier (would have applied to Edinburgh but only got AAAAB in higher so thought I would probably be rejected). Got unconditional offers from Aberdeen and Dundee, application sent on December 5th. I’ve not heard of anyone hearing back from Glasgow yet, and it’s my first choice so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!
I want to study medicine or biology at Newcastle (my dream uni)
Original post by BovairdGrace
I applied to Dundee, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Edinburgh Napier (would have applied to Edinburgh but only got AAAAB in higher so thought I would probably be rejected). Got unconditional offers from Aberdeen and Dundee, application sent on December 5th. I’ve not heard of anyone hearing back from Glasgow yet, and it’s my first choice so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!
I’ve heard that Glasgow were waiting for us to hear back from Pearson before they sent out offers so I’d imagine they’re coming soon! Well done on aberdeen and dundee, are either of those your 2nd choice if you don’t get into Glasgow? Good luck!
Reply 165
Original post by sd1909
Got 23/42. Bit disappointed but have an offer from Durham, QMUL and Leeds. Still waiting on KCL though! Unsure which one I should pick if I get KCL. What do you guys think?

I you don't mind moving out (I'm assuming you live in London) then definitely Durham; otherwise King's is a great choice.
Just in case anyone here’s waiting for a PPL offer at King’s, I got an unconditional with a LNAT score of 29, so anything higher or there abouts should be fine.
Original post by zdry
Hey, I also just saw I got 27/42! I found most parts pretty tricky, so I'm glad. I also applied to UCL and Bristol as my LNAT universities and got offers from both.

Don't worry I found it really hard too! I got an offer from Bristol as well but didn't apply UCL, well done though!
Reply 168
Got 20, 0.1 above average lol. I got my offer from Durham back in November so its not like it matters. I suppose either Durhams not fussed/looks at grades more, or I did particularly well on the essay. I did feel like the essay went well and that I was mostly guessing on the mcq so the result is not surprising.
29/42. Did not apply to any law courses.
Original post by lokixyy123
i got 20 and got kings durham and bris, waiting on UCL

if you don't mind me asking what are your GCSE grades and predicted a level? thanks :smile:
Original post by Justgettingthere
I also got 22 and am still waiting for kings... Just wondering when did you apply?

18 September 2017
Original post by new1234
Thanks!! Honestly I think the essay really contributes for UCL.
A*AA predictions. Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Thanks :smile: congratulations once again. Have you applied anywhere else and when did you hear back from UCL?
Original post by silvia123
Thank you! I also applied pre-oxford deadline, have received replies from my other unis, just waiting on Kings so I can firm my first choice!

Original post by silvia123
Thank you! I also applied pre-oxford deadline, have received replies from my other unis, just waiting on Kings so I can firm my first choice!

Good luck to the both of you!
Original post by budumbumtsh
Got a 20, I have an offer from Durham and understandable rejections from UCL and Oxford. What would my chances be like for Kings?
I saw two other students on this thread who are holding offers with 20 and 21, so good luck, I think it’s within reasonable grasp. King’s is my first choice too (-:
Does anyone know how much UCL weighs the essay? I’ve gotten a pretty dismal score of 21 on the MCQ but haven’t heard back from UCL. Really want to get an offer.
Original post by infiinitee_
Does anyone know how much UCL weighs the essay? I’ve gotten a pretty dismal score of 21 on the MCQ but haven’t heard back from UCL. Really want to get an offer.
They take it into quite a bit of consideration (-:
I scored a 28 and still haven’t received offers from Glasgow, UCL, or Bristol... (Haven’t gotten rejected yet though haha 😬) Does anyone know if it takes a bit longer if you’re coming from overseas?
I got 19 on the lnat and was incredibly depressed, thinking my chances for kcl were over, but two hours after I got my results, I got my offer from kings. I'm an international student btw so don't lose hope if you're around that score! :smile:
Original post by infiinitee_
Thanks :smile: congratulations once again. Have you applied anywhere else and when did you hear back from UCL?

Yeah I also applied to Kings as my other LNAT choice. I heard back from UCL at the start of the year I believe and sent my application in October.

Latest

Trending

Trending