The Student Room Group

Rejected after interview at AUB (2018)

hiya i wanted to know if anyone had any insight on something. I went for an interview at AUB for their illustration course on the 14th of feb, and today i’d already received my rejection. The thing is i don’t really understand what i did that would make them reject me that quickly (i was told i’d hear back in 5-7 days) I don’t feel the interview itself was bad in any huge way, and i don’t feel the quality of my work was what let me down (i’ve received two unconditional offers based off the same portfolio). I was never actually going to study at bournemouth and only went to the interview for group interview practice and i’m beginning to wonder if the woman conducting the interview could sense this... Anybody who’s currently at AUB or also got rejected from there this year please weigh in!
Original post by boarknight
hiya i wanted to know if anyone had any insight on something. I went for an interview at AUB for their illustration course on the 14th of feb, and today i’d already received my rejection. The thing is i don’t really understand what i did that would make them reject me that quickly (i was told i’d hear back in 5-7 days) I don’t feel the interview itself was bad in any huge way, and i don’t feel the quality of my work was what let me down (i’ve received two unconditional offers based off the same portfolio). I was never actually going to study at bournemouth and only went to the interview for group interview practice and i’m beginning to wonder if the woman conducting the interview could sense this... Anybody who’s currently at AUB or also got rejected from there this year please weigh in!

Lots of universities say that it will take a week or so but will be a lot quicker than that.

Have you asked for feedback? There should be notes from the interview that they can use to give you some idea of why you were rejected. Sometimes it’s not about the quality of your work but whether they think that your style of work isn’t suited to the course.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Lots of universities say that it will take a week or so but will be a lot quicker than that.

Have you asked for feedback? There should be notes from the interview that they can use to give you some idea of why you were rejected. Sometimes it’s not about the quality of your work but whether they think that your style of work isn’t suited to the course.

ok thanks good shout! unfortunately most of my friends are doing stem subjects that haven’t required interviews so i was unsure if i could do that
Original post by boarknight
ok thanks good shout! unfortunately most of my friends are doing stem subjects that haven’t required interviews so i was unsure if i could do that

Yep - most universities will provide some feedback (if there's an applicant portal then there might already be some feedback on there) - you just have to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest