The Student Room Group

Will this revision timetable work?

Every day, I will do some Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics and most days German. *
Weekends would work on a two week basis with Week 1 being Geography on Saturday and History on Sunday. Week 2 would then be English on Saturday and R.S on Sunday. This would alternate with the next week being Geography on Saturday again.
This would continue to the 27th April where I will just do one subject each day until the 5th May when it will just be to do with which exams I have closest. Is this likely going to help?

*The some will generally be depending on the amount of homework I get. Some days I will do more, some less.
Anybody?
Please, I really want to know if this is enough or too much.
Original post by Goldfish4343
Every day, I will do some Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics and most days German. *
Weekends would work on a two week basis with Week 1 being Geography on Saturday and History on Sunday. Week 2 would then be English on Saturday and R.S on Sunday. This would alternate with the next week being Geography on Saturday again.
This would continue to the 27th April where I will just do one subject each day until the 5th May when it will just be to do with which exams I have closest. Is this likely going to help?

*The some will generally be depending on the amount of homework I get. Some days I will do more, some less.

It’s really difficult to say whether or not it will work because it’s wuite an individual thing - you are the best person to judge whether it will work.
Does it divide your time sensibly?
Do you have enough breaks?
Above all, how are you going to revise? Lots of testing yourself and using practice papers I hope.

Finally, you still have more than enough time for revision so no need to panic.

Good luck!
Ok. That is waaaay to complicated, and you are going to feel exhausted by the time you have done 3 weeks, just from the difficulty of sticking to the timetable. Unless you have the same week every week in that you have no emotional hiccups, no commitments to clubs and you have 2-3 hours every day, excluding coursework and homework, this will be too complicated. Believe me, I tried doing this when I first started revising, and it did not work. Rather than a revision timetable, use this technique, which I developed myself:

Make a grid with all the different topics in for hum/science subjects. For example for biology, use individual sections such as nerve synapses, genetic diseases, heart part names etc. Put 5 boxes after each topic, and block off some of the boxes in topics that you comfortable, for example if you have memorised the different nutrients plants need to grow and their individual functions, you may only need 3 more sessions. Once you have spent around 25 mins on a topic, scribble out one of its boxes and take a short break. Then have a look and see which topics have a lot of boxes that need filling, and work on those. Have them on your bedroom wall, trust me you will feel much better seeing how many 20 minute sessions you have put into the different subjects when it comes closer to the real exams and you feel as though you have gotten nowhere (everyone feels that way at some point). You should be doing 1-2 sessions every night on weekdays, and 3-4 at the weekends. Less, more focused time is so much better than a shed-load of work where you cannot concentrate.

Don't get too hung up about when to do what, imagine you decide to take a trip to a town for a whole Saturday with your friends, and you miss all of your Geography revision time for that fortnight. That's not going to feel great!! With this system, it just means that you have to do 5 sessions on Sunday, then 3 on Monday and Tuesday to catch up. You will get enough revision done, don't you worry.
Original post by gingerbread10000
Ok. That is waaaay to complicated, and you are going to feel exhausted by the time you have done 3 weeks, just from the difficulty of sticking to the timetable. Unless you have the same week every week in that you have no emotional hiccups, no commitments to clubs and you have 2-3 hours every day, excluding coursework and homework, this will be too complicated. Believe me, I tried doing this when I first started revising, and it did not work. Rather than a revision timetable, use this technique, which I developed myself:

Make a grid with all the different topics in for hum/science subjects. For example for biology, use individual sections such as nerve synapses, genetic diseases, heart part names etc. Put 5 boxes after each topic, and block off some of the boxes in topics that you comfortable, for example if you have memorised the different nutrients plants need to grow and their individual functions, you may only need 3 more sessions. Once you have spent around 25 mins on a topic, scribble out one of its boxes and take a short break. Then have a look and see which topics have a lot of boxes that need filling, and work on those. Have them on your bedroom wall, trust me you will feel much better seeing how many 20 minute sessions you have put into the different subjects when it comes closer to the real exams and you feel as though you have gotten nowhere (everyone feels that way at some point). You should be doing 1-2 sessions every night on weekdays, and 3-4 at the weekends. Less, more focused time is so much better than a shed-load of work where you cannot concentrate.

Don't get too hung up about when to do what, imagine you decide to take a trip to a town for a whole Saturday with your friends, and you miss all of your Geography revision time for that fortnight. That's not going to feel great!! With this system, it just means that you have to do 5 sessions on Sunday, then 3 on Monday and Tuesday to catch up. You will get enough revision done, don't you worry.

Once you get to the 27th April, increase the time you are doing by adding an extra session every day, and filling in all the gaps that are still in your tables. Once you have filled in all of the boxes, do some exam questions on the topic, and then review if you need more practice. Also: never to one topic twice on the same day, leave at least a day in between, or else you will not be able to keep it in your long-term memory as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending