The Student Room Group

What should I do next year?

Hi guys so basically, these are my options:
•do a hairdressing apprenticeship at the salon I’ve been working in as a Saturday job for 1.5 years (not sure that I want to be a hairdresser but I’d like to have the skill)
•do a levels at my local sixth form (not too sure what in yet but I think French, maths and business or English lit)
•train to be a personal trainer at college (not sure I actually want to do this, might just be so that I can get even fitter)
My issue is I don’t have a clue what I want to do in life and my grades are so good in my gcse mocks and in my btecs that I am capable of doing whatever I want. So what would everyone recommend?
Also, just wanted to add that I’ve thought about a career as a counsellor and in which case I would take psychology or sociology at a level
Reply 2
It’s all about what you want to spend a good part of your life doing, for hairdressing and body training chances are by taking that route you’ll be limited to that and a few other careers and when you aren’t even sure you want to do them now I think the A levels will be best, open you up to many more opportunities. Could decide on going to uni or can still get jobs such as the other two mentioned, least you get more flexibility out of alevels + 2 more years to decide what you want to do with your life
Original post by kal345
It’s all about what you want to spend a good part of your life doing, for hairdressing and body training chances are by taking that route you’ll be limited to that and a few other careers and when you aren’t even sure you want to do them now I think the A levels will be best, open you up to many more opportunities. Could decide on going to uni or can still get jobs such as the other two mentioned, least you get more flexibility out of alevels + 2 more years to decide what you want to do with your life

Thank you, I suppose I can always go back to an apprenticeship after a levels if I decide I want to do that
Go for A levels!

It will broaden your horizons and you’ll have another two years to be able to decide what you really want to do. You can keep up your job and who knows, you might want to go to uni after?

Also, maths, French and English would be a perfect spread of a levels to do. You’d be like gold dust for any university.

Hope it all works well!
Original post by 99joshuathomas
Go for A levels!

It will broaden your horizons and you’ll have another two years to be able to decide what you really want to do. You can keep up your job and who knows, you might want to go to uni after?

Also, maths, French and English would be a perfect spread of a levels to do. You’d be like gold dust for any university.

Hope it all works well!

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending