The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wired_1800
I agree with this statement. I hear women complain about this all the time. The new name is f*ckboy. I think some men need to step up.

Yes! Men need to take responsibility for their actions and stop ****ing women over
Conception is the begining stage when conceived in the womb and starts the gestation period. For fertilised egg, it can only be conceived through successful insemination to the mother’s womb.

“Biologically, conception is the moment when a sperm cell from a male breaches the ovum, or egg, from a female. The process is also known as fertilization and is the initial stage of development for human growth”
https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-conception-definition-ovulation-symptoms.html

During IVF, once the eggs have been fertilised by sperm, they become embryos. Isn’t an embryo a living human being in your view?
“The fertilised eggs (embryos) continue to grow in the laboratory for up to 6 days before being transferred into the womb. The best 1 or 2 embryos will be chosen for transfer.”
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ivf/what-happens/

So of all the embryos in the Petri dish, only a couple are chosen to be transferred into the mother’s womb. That means that the remaining embryos will die. So should all parties involved be given multiple life sentences for murder?

Back to the original question, 5 fertilised eggs or 3 newborn babies?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by queen-bee
Yes! Men need to take responsibility for their actions and stop ****ing women over

I acknowledge your point, but I think men and women are guilty for messing up the opposite sex. There are savage men and women.

The difference i think is that some women love to be a victim by default and ALL men are responsible, which is stupid.
Original post by cherryred90s
“Biologically, conception is the moment when a sperm cell from a male breaches the ovum, or egg, from a female. The process is also known as fertilization and is the initial stage of development for human growth”
https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-conception-definition-ovulation-symptoms.html

During IVF, once the eggs have been fertilised by sperm, they become embryos. Isn’t an embryo a living human being in your view?
“The fertilised eggs (embryos) continue to grow in the laboratory for up to 6 days before being transferred into the womb. The best 1 or 2 embryos will be chosen for transfer.”
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ivf/what-happens/

So of all the embryos in the Petri dish, only a couple are chosen to be transferred into the mother’s womb. That means that the remaining embryos will die. So should all parties involved be given multiple life sentences for murder?

Back to the original question, 5 fertilised eggs or 3 newborn babies?

I understand the process of IVF and I still maintain my point that I will save 5 fertilised eggs conceived in their respective mothers over the 3 newborn babies.
I understand the process of IVF and I still maintain my point that I will save 5 fertilised eggs conceived in their respective mothers over the 3 newborn babies.

You don’t even understand the process of conception. & your response doesn’t answer the question yet again. 5 fertilised eggs (embryos) in a Petri dish or 3 newborn babies? You said earlier that the obvious answer is to save the one with more people. Since you believe that life begins at conception, the question should be easy to answer.

So many holes in your argument.
(edited 6 years ago)
You don’t even understand the process of conception. & your response doesn’t answer the question yet again. 5 fertilised eggs (embryos) in a Petri dish or 3 newborn babies? You said earlier that the obvious answer is to save the one with more people. Since you believe that life begins at conception, the question should be easy to answer.

So many holes in your argument.

That is what i have written many times. I will save the one with most people, which will be the 5 conceived embryos.

Am I getting something wrong here? You are asking the same question and saying i am not answering it when i have said exactly the same thing. Or are you expecting another answer?
That is what i have written many times. I will save the one with most people, which will be the 5 conceived embryos.

Am I getting something wrong here? You are asking the same question and saying i am not answering it when i have said exactly the same thing. Or are you expecting another answer?

You’ve been getting a lot of things wrong.

What you said previously was that you’d save the fertilised eggs that have been conceived by the mother. What does that even mean? If it’s an embryo then it’s already been conceived. You also said that you would only save the embryos if they’ve been implanted into the mother. That defeats your whole argument of ‘life begins at conception’.

Okay so you would save 5 fertilised eggs over 3 newborn babies. Should all those involved be given multiple life sentences for the remaining embryos that die in the Petri dish?
(edited 6 years ago)
You’ve been getting a lot of things wrong.

What you said previously was that you’d save the fertilised eggs that have been conceived by the mother. What does that even mean? If it’s an embryo then it’s already been conceived. You also said that you would only save the embryos if they’ve been implanted into the mother. That defeats your whole argument of ‘life begins at conception’.

Okay so you would save 5 fertilised eggs over 3 newborn babies. Should all those involved be given multiple life sentences for the remaining embryos that die?

Okay, calm down dear.

Your point assumes there are 5 fertilised eggs for one mother. I disagree with this idea and view it as 5 eggs for 5 mothers, which is what I have been stating in my previous comments.

I think there should be a progressive fertilisation of eggs. This means that one egg is fertlised for insemination to confirm whether they are viable before the next one. This approach would reduce the prospect of “discarding” fertilised eggs.

I believe that life begins at conception and hence my rejection of abortion.

Now to your second point. If a fertilised egg, which was inseminated but failed to be viable in its mother’s womb and dies, then it is a natural occurence. However, if embryo is killed then it is a completely different argument which will spell jail time in my opinion.
I agree with this statement. I hear women complain about this all the time. The new name is f*ckboy. I think some men need to step up.

f**kboy is a word which is being used instead of "player" and functions basically a derogatory substitute for the word player ...and most likely was created by a salty female

There's nothing really new here, f***boy is just a more upto date word of the word player but with a more derogatory feel to it.

A guy might think it's cool to be called a player
but f**kboy is more derogatory and less guys will like that label

I would not be surprised if a feminist was the one to come up with that word. It seems like a sort of half hearted attempt to slut shame men...
Original post by ANM775
f**kboy is a word which is being used instead of "player" and functions basically a derogatory substitute for the word player ...and most likely was created by a salty female

There's nothing really new here, f***boy is just a more upto date word of the word player but with a more derogatory feel to it.

I would not be surprised if a feminist was the one to come up with that word. It seems like a sort of half hearted attempt to slut shame men...

Interesting. I think the other poster had a point with how some men today are not stepping to the plate.
Okay, calm down dear.

Your point assumes there are 5 fertilised eggs for one mother. I disagree with this idea and view it as 5 eggs for 5 mothers, which is what I have been stating in my previous comments.

I think there should be a progressive fertilisation of eggs. This means that one egg is fertlised for insemination to confirm whether they are viable before the next one. This approach would reduce the prospect of “discarding” fertilised eggs.

I believe that life begins at conception and hence my rejection of abortion.

Now to your second point. If a fertilised egg, which was inseminated but failed to be viable in its mother’s womb and dies, then it is a natural occurence. However, if embryo is killed then it is a completely different argument which will spell jail time in my opinion.

1. During a round of IVF, more than one fertilised egg (embryo) is usually I mplanted into the woman to maximise her chances that at least one will attach so no, it’s not 5 eggs for 5 mothers, it’s 5 embryos for 1 mother. That’s why multiple births are more common in women who underwent IVF.

2. You won’t know if an embryo is viable until it has been transferred to the woman’s uterus and successfully implants. Not all fertilised eggs are sustainable for implantation. As said above, thats why more than one embryo is transferred.

3. If you believe that life begins at conception then why did you say that you’d only save the embryos that have successfully been transferred into the uterus? Are embryos in a Petri dish not people to you?

4. I’m referring to fertilised eggs that the doctors deem not not strong enough to sustain pregnancy. Those are discarded and subsequently die. Are they murderers?
Original post by ANM775

And “gold digger” is used as a substitute to “player” but with a more derogatory feel for it. Maybe f***boy is the male equivalent of gold digger?
Original post by ANM775

I see a f**kboy as a guy who cheats, leads girls on, just generally treats girls badly. Player is a bit different as it’s a single guy who has a lot of one night stands (from my understanding of the word) while a f**kboy is someone who treats girls badly.

I could be wrong, but that’s how me and my friends use the term. Can’t speak for all of womankind :rofl:
1. During a round of IVF, more than one fertilised egg (embryo) is usually I mplanted into the woman to maximise her chances that at least one will attach so no, it’s not 5 eggs for 5 mothers, it’s 5 embryos for 1 mother. That’s why multiple births are more common in women who underwent IVF.

2. You won’t know if an embryo is viable until it has been transferred to the woman’s uterus and successfully implants. Not all fertilised eggs are sustainable for implantation. As said above, thats why more than one embryo is transferred.

3. If you believe that life begins at conception then why did you say that you’d only save the embryos that have successfully been transferred into the uterus? Are embryos in a Petri dish not people to you?

4. I’m referring to fertilised eggs that the doctors deem not not strong enough to sustain pregnancy. Those are discarded and subsequently die. Are they murderers?

I have explained that the current practices of IVF will be different to me, if I was doing it. Hence my reasons for 1 egg per round of IVF since I place high value on the conceived embryos.

If a doctor does not follow the approach that I have alluded to, then they, in my opinion, will be done for murder.
And “gold digger” is used as a substitute to “player” but with a more derogatory feel for it. Maybe f***boy is the male equivalent of gold digger?

A gold digger is a person [usually female] who is with her partner mostly for the money. The word gold digger does not imply the gold digger is a cheater, so therefore it is quite different to player

Original post by cat_mac
I see a f**kboy as a guy who cheats, leads girls on, just generally treats girls badly. Player is a bit different as it’s a single guy who has a lot of one night stands (from my understanding of the word) while a f**kboy is someone who treats girls badly.

I could be wrong, but that’s how me and my friends use the term. Can’t speak for all of womankind :rofl:

A player and a f**kboy are pretty much the same thing imo

players are often already in relationships and tell the girl they are trying to game they are single

and looking at the first few definitions of "player" on urbandictionary it seems pretty much the same as what a f**kboy gets upto

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Player
I have explained that the current practices of IVF will be different to me, if I was doing it. Hence my reasons for 1 egg per round of IVF since I place high value on the conceived embryos.

If a doctor does not follow the approach that I have alluded to, then they, in my opinion, will be done for murder.

You love to talk around things with no actual substance to anything that you say. I’m tired of discussing this with you
You love to talk around things with no actual substance to anything that you say. I’m tired of discussing this with you

What? How can my response be talking around things?

We are engaging in a topic and I am telling you my views. Yet you are rejecting them and saying that I am talking around things. What have I not responded directly to you on?
Original post by ANM775
A gold digger is a person [usually female] who is with her partner mostly for the money. The word gold digger does not imply the gold digger is a cheater, so therefore it is quite different to player

A guy that uses a girl for what she has would be a f***boy to me. One of my flat mates at uni had a boyfriend (now ex boyfriend thankfully) who would always ask her money and make her drive him wherever he wanted to go and never contributed to petrol money. He would come to the house and eat all her food. He didn’t get her anything for her birthday but asked her for a £300 gift for his. If he was a girl, I’m sure we’d call her a gold digger, not a f***kgirl.

Gold diggers usually do not care about the guy that they’re using so they probably have a couple other guys on the side for her own convenience. If a guy did that, we’d call him a f***boy no?
What? How can my response be talking around things?

We are engaging in a topic and I am telling you my views. Yet you are rejecting them and saying that I am talking around things. What have I not responded directly to you on?

Your views make no sense. E.g. “IVF means something different to me”. Lol, I’ve asked you so many questions, all of which you change the wording or avoid altogether
A guy that uses a girl for what she has would be a f***boy to me. One of my flat mates at uni had a boyfriend (now ex boyfriend thankfully) who would always ask her money and make her drive him wherever he wanted to go and never contributed to petrol money. He would come to the house and eat all her food. He didn’t get her anything for her birthday but asked her for a £300 gift for his. If he was a girl, I’m sure we’d call her a gold digger, not a f***kgirl.

Gold diggers usually do not care about the guy that they’re using so they probably have a couple other guys on the side for her own convenience. If a guy did that, we’d call him a f***boy no?

He sounds like a bit of a gold digger, however he'll get less people calling him one than a female doing the same thing.

Is there any indication that use of her money was the main reason for him getting with her? like is he really good looking and she is really ugly and he could do much better?

again, he probably won't get that label unless it's deemed he could do significantly "better" than her and is mainly there for the money.

you can't really call him a f**kboy though unless he's actively cheating on her. If he's been loyal you can't call him that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending