The Student Room Group

Start Revising???

Hi If i start revising at the end of Feb for my GCSE'S is it still possible for me to get 9's in all my GCSE'S?
Reply 1
Depends how effective your revision and how often you do it up until the actual exams. End of February leaves a good amount of time to get things done, but if your revision isn’t effective then it doesn’t matter when you start as it still won’t go in. Focus on your level of effectiveness, then comes the timescale 👍🏻
Reply 2
Original post by 10cking
Depends how effective your revision and how often you do it up until the actual exams. End of February leaves a good amount of time to get things done, but if your revision isn’t effective then it doesn’t matter when you start as it still won’t go in. Focus on your level of effectiveness, then comes the timescale 👍🏻

Hi any tips for effective revision?
Original post by Hanaf

My parents want me to attend Easter Revision course held in our local Grammar school
Original post by Hanaf

Make notes and try and get them to 1 or 2 pages per topic. Once you have this done, do practice papers. Before each practice paper, read over your notes.
Reply 5
Original post by Hanaf

I would first find out what kind of learner you are, if you haven’t already, by doing an online test. This can help shape the revision a bit more to you. For example, I am a predominantly visual and somewhat auditory learner. I pay close attention to what my teachers are saying as it is ‘audio’. I will then watch YouTube videos on the concepts I can find and don’t really remember, these are both audio AND visual. I also make flash cards, one per double page spread (not for key terms) and make them all the same colour for each subject. For me, purple=psychology, pink=Media, blue/green=English Lit. ALL of my notes, and revision resources, are in those colours and no others. I then use that corresponding colour in the exam to highlight key words in the question. I also do past papers 3 times (because I’m on a new spec). First time I give it a go. Second time I write out the perfect answer using the mark scheme and my resources and then I do it without anything. This is so it is both showing me my weakness and allowing me to visualise the mark scheme and ‘perfect’ answer. Everything I do is tailored to me being a visual and somewhat auditory learner. Try a few different things out first with little tests you have to revise for in class and use that to go from there :smile: I can’t tell you how to revise as I’m not you, but I hope me explaining how and why I do what I do for revision helps give you an idea of how to tailor your learning style to your revision :smile:
To get 9s in all your subjects, you would have to be the top or joint top student in the country. We'll find out after results day (probably) but I'm guessing that I'll be able to count on one hand the number of people who get straight 9s.

Do you reckon you can become the top student in the country in 3 months?
Reply 7
Original post by JammieDodger27
To get 9s in all your subjects, you would have to be the top or joint top student in the country. We'll find out after results day (probably) but I'm guessing that I'll be able to count on one hand the number of people who get straight 9s.

Do you reckon you can become the top student in the country in 3 months?

Yes I do!
Original post by Hanaf
Yes I do!

Then stop asking when you're gonna start revising and start immediately. You have to catch up with people who have been solidly revising since year 7 and have been really going for it since year 10.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending