The Student Room Group

Advice for applying to medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Volibear
But the transfer pathway is incredibly competitive and you need to have very good first year grades to even stand a chance.

Original post by BeccaHeritage
yes but if you don't get the grades at A Level it is worth knowing that you have another option earlier than graduate entry as obviously that is so competitive as well.

Successful transfer here. I think I nearly died from stress during my first year :oops:. I think in competitiveness, its Transfer>GEM>Undergrad with transfer being the most competitive, at least in my uni. Plus you only have one chance rather than four possible chances.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Danielaprice123
You have 4 medicine choices and 1 back up course. You can do all 5 medicine but that’s risky.

No, you can only apply for 4 medical options
Original post by ax12
No, you can only apply for 4 medical options

I know a few people that put all 5 medicine
Reply 43

No you don't, because they can't. Either you misunderstood what they told you or they are lying.

http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/ucas-form/

No.
Original post by ax12
No you don't, because they can't. Either you misunderstood what they told you or they are lying.

http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/ucas-form/

Oh maybe it’s changed, because someone I know definitely did that 2-3 years back. Thanks for clarifying for the OP.
Reply 46
Oh maybe it’s changed, because someone I know definitely did that 2-3 years back. Thanks for clarifying for the OP.

Nope, it's always been the case. I applied 5 years ago and it was exactly the same then.

So I first applied 2-3 years ago and I can still say this was definitely not the case.
Original post by Blazingphoenix

So I first applied 2-3 years ago and I can still say this was definitely not the case.

Okay maybe I misunderstood oops. Sorry guys
Reply 49

No problem, there's a lot of misinformation that goes around about medicine applications.

Original post by ax12
No problem, there's a lot of misinformation that goes around about medicine applications.

Yeah, sorry if I came across rude. Just didn't want potential applicants to be misinformed.
Yeah definitely, that’s really good stuff you have there. Just make sure you remember the times where you showed the skills and what you did and when you had stressful situations and how you dealt with it. Have a note down so you don’t forget. They tend to ask in interviews these type of questions and it’s good to have solid examples.

Ok, so I have less to sort out than I thought. Little interview tips like that are very useful as we are yet to cover them at school. I went to the pharmacy today and they said I have to apply through the school
Original post by Wandering_Panda
Ok, so I have less to sort out than I thought. Little interview tips like that are very useful as we are yet to cover them at school. I went to the pharmacy today and they said I have to apply through the school

Yeahh, your school should guide you through UCAS after your exams or in September.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending