The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherryred90s
Your views make no sense. E.g. “IVF means something different to me”. Lol, I’ve asked you so many questions, all of which you change the wording or avoid altogether

You are missing the point. You are asking me for my response on current practices which I do not agree to. Then you get upset if I tell you my views.

Your question is 5 fertilised eggs vs 3 newborn babies, for 1 mother with the 5 eggs over 3 mothers with 3 newborn babies. I disagree with this question. So I cannot say 5 vs 3 in such an explicit manner.
Original post by ANM775
He sounds like a bit of a gold digger, however he'll get less people calling him one than a female doing the same thing.

Is there any indication that use of her money was the main reason for him getting with her? like is he really good looking and she is really ugly and he could do much better?

again, he probably won't get that label unless it's deemed he could do significantly "better" than her and is mainly there for the money.

you can't really call him a f**kboy though unless he's actively cheating on her. If he's been loyal you can't call him that.

Both good looking I’d say,but he was useless so that’s why we call him a f***boy. Not sure if he was faithful. She saw a few questionable texts from other girls but not enough to prove he was a cheater so idk. Maybe he’s just trash
Both good looking I’d say,but he was useless so that’s why we call him a f***boy. Not sure if he was faithful. She saw a few questionable texts from other girls but not enough to prove he was a cheater so idk. Maybe he’s just trash

tbh, my opinion on female gold diggers isn't as harsh as it used to be. because when I really sit down and think about it, most other males in the animal kingdom has to have something going for it in order to attract a female, be it he be an alpha male ...or have a large territory [which would be the equivalent of money]

in many species, if a male hasn't got anything going for him ..he's not going to attract a female.

gold digging is similar to like a female fox or something, refusing to mate with a male fox unless he has a large territory
Original post by Wired_1800
You are missing the point. You are asking me for my response on current practices which I do not agree to. Then you get upset if I tell you my views.

Your question is 5 fertilised eggs vs 3 newborn babies, for 1 mother with the 5 eggs over 3 mothers with 3 newborn babies. I disagree with this question. So I cannot say 5 vs 3 in such an explicit manner.

IM missing the point?

Not only are you over complicating it, but you’re also disagreeing with a question? Lmao ok. Anything to avoid answering. Why does it matter how many mothers there are again?
(edited 6 years ago)
IM missing the point?

Not only are you over complicating it, but you’re also disagreeing with a question? Lmao ok. Anything to avoid answering. Why does it matter how many mothers there are again?

That is what i am saying. To your question, I am using a 1:1 approach which means 1 egg to 1 woman. Not the 5:1 approach.

Although I disagree with your question, I would still say 5 fertilised eggs. Does this help now?
Reply 385
Original post by snowman77
This is what I don't understand about the modern day gender equality/feminism movement. They want equality in some areas, but other areas they are happy for things to stay the same as long as they receive the benefit.

Women want equal treatment in the workplace with their male colleagues. They want equal pay (FWIW the gender pay gap is a myth - same job for same hours get paid the same, otherwise it's illegal), they don't want to experience sexual harassment in the workplace (what about all the false accusations which ruin men's careers?), they want the same opportunities men have, they want equal opportunities for promotion (despite many of them taking time off for maternity leave).

This is all fair enough. Except they don't want equality in dating. Men are still expected to:

- ask the woman out and face possible rejection (women might give subtle hints, but under no circumstances will they ask the man out - that is "his job":wink:
- pay for the first date (and possible subsequent dates as well)
- propose to the woman
- treat her with meals/gifts
- hold open the door for her
- give up his coat if she's cold, so he can freeze (but never the other way around)
- put the majority of effort into sex (this is centered around pleasing the woman - the man's enjoyment is always assumed)
- be manly and dominant, never show any weak emotions, keep his problems bottled up because otherwise it's "unmanly"
- household chores must now be shared. Women no longer have to do all the cooking and cleaning, it's shared equally between men, because otherwise it's gender discrimination/oppression. Despite the fact men are still seen as the primary breadwinner in the household and a man without a job is a virtual disaster.

So back to the original question: Why do women want gender equality in the workplace (and indeed many other areas), but not in dating? I'm interested to hear to views of men, women and any feminists.

So much truth. Sadly women never want to face this reality.
That is what i am saying. To your question, I am using a 1:1 approach which means 1 egg to 1 woman. Not the 5:1 approach.

Although I disagree with your question, I would still say 5 fertilised eggs. Does this help now?

Great, good for you
*some* women
Original post by ANM775
tbh, my opinion on female gold diggers isn't as harsh as it used to be. because when I really sit down and think about it, most other males in the animal kingdom has to have something going for it in order to attract a female, be it he be an alpha male ...or have a large territory [which would be the equivalent of money]

in many species, if a male hasn't got anything going for him ..he's not going to attract a female.

gold digging is similar to like a female fox or something, refusing to mate with a male fox unless he has a large territory

Yeah I agree. It’s sad that some women act that way but it’s also sad that some men have unrealistic expectations of what they want in a women. Apparently most highly successful mean cheat, not sure how true that is or how that can even be accurately measured. Probably based on media and celebrities

So you’re changing her question to avoid the point of her question :rofl:

The question she asked wasn’t a 1:1 approach. She clearly stated that it was 5 embryos (or as you refer to them,babies, since their life has begun) to be used for one mother. The number of mothers isn’t even what’s being discussed, it’s the embryos Vs newborns.

You give your answers but you’re answering a different question to the one being asked. If you didn’t keep changing the question then this would have been done and put to bed yesterday.
Great, good for you

Now i have directly responded to you, you have no response.

This is the issue here, you and some other women try to look for reasons to justify the killing of unborn children through abortion.
Original post by cat_mac
So you’re changing her question to avoid the point of her question :rofl:

The question she asked wasn’t a 1:1 approach. She clearly stated that it was 5 embryos (or as you refer to them,babies, since their life has begun) to be used for one mother. The number of mothers isn’t even what’s being discussed, it’s the embryos Vs newborns.

You give your answers but you’re answering a different question to the one being asked. If you didn’t keep changing the question then this would have been done and put to bed yesterday.

Okay. I have responded to the other poster. Here it is, 5 conceived babies or embryos.
lool I'm the type of girl that pays for my own **** and opens my own doors. Heck if you gave me your jacket I would give it back and whip out my scarf because I'm not going out to get cold and uncomfortable I should be prepared for what weather comes my way. Honestly, the points in this post are very true just don't date women like this I don't see why you complain when there are literally loads of beautiful girls in the world who don't live for that crap. Both men and women should up their standards on who they choose to "go out on dates" with. A lot of guys go out with trash then wonder why they only meet trash? Idk try meeting people you wouldn't expect and you might meet the one.
Easier said than done I know :smile:
Yeah I agree. It’s sad that some women act that way but it’s also sad that some men have unrealistic expectations of what they want in a women. Apparently most highly successful mean cheat, not sure how true that is or how that can even be accurately measured. Probably based on media and celebrities

I think it's probably true

the more successful he is the more women who will be open to him romantically [opportunity], and also he may be receiving more unsolicited attention too [more opportunity], ..also if he gets caught cheating and relationship breaks down he's not going to find it that hard to replace her [his risk:reward ratio ain't all that bad]

also if your boyfriend/husband worth £5M gets caught kissing another girl, you're going to think a lot harder about dumping him than if you were dating billy who works down the factory - and the millionaire guy knows this.

All in all, yes he is probably more likely to cheat ..as he has such high market value.

The same is true for ordinary people too. I've seen studies showing that attractive women are more likely to cheat than uglier ones, and it's likely for the similar reasons to the successful guy. They have high market value and are getting a lot of offers on a regular basis and can easily replace a man if caught.

I've also seen studies saying that fat men are the most faithful and muscular men are the most likely to cheat. Again it comes down to market value. A fat dude is going to find it significantly harder to attract a female than a muscular dude, ...and considering he risks getting dumped if he gets caught [and he probably can't easily attract decent women] means generally fat guys are less likely to risk cheating than the muscular dude who probably receives a lot more attention.
Now i have directly responded to you, you have no response.

This is the issue here, you and some other women try to look for reasons to justify the killing of unborn children through abortion.

I’ve asked you many questions. Its taken you over a day to just answer one. You’d rather have 3 newborn babies die than fertilised eggs. That says more about you than it does me.
Original post by fifi.a
lool I'm the type of girl that pays for my own **** and opens my own doors. Heck if you gave me your jacket I would give it back and whip out my scarf because I'm not going out to get cold and uncomfortable I should be prepared for what weather comes my way. Honestly, the points in this post are very true just don't date women like this I don't see why you complain when there are literally loads of beautiful girls in the world who don't live for that crap. Both men and women should up their standards on who they choose to "go out on dates" with. A lot of guys go out with trash then wonder why they only meet trash? Idk try meeting people you wouldn't expect and you might meet the one.
Easier said than done I know :smile:

:congrats::congrats:That was the best comment ever and I have to agree with you as I'm not reliant on men (not trying to be sexist or anything just making a point). I don't expect men to carry things for me or open doors, I just expect them to be honest, truthful and caring :congrats::congrats:
I’ve asked you many questions. Its taken you over a day to just answer one. You’d rather have 3 newborn babies die than fertilised eggs. That says more about you than it does me.

It does not say anything about me. I see 5 eggs as 5 growing babies. Nobody’s life is better or more important than another’s.
Original post by tiarichards16
:congrats::congrats:That was the best comment ever and I have to agree with you as I'm not reliant on men (not trying to be sexist or anything just making a point). I don't expect men to carry things for me or open doors, I just expect them to be honest, truthful and caring :congrats::congrats:

That is true.
That is true.

There are independent women out there including me and other women in this thread, am I right? :tongue:
Original post by tiarichards16
There are independent women out there including me and other women in this thread, am I right? :tongue:

There are indepedent people. I respect a woman that can handle herself and be her own. However, some men like to feel and be needed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending