The Student Room Group

Do people lie about their grades on TSR discussion

I've been on this site for a while now and have noticed that lots of people get really good grades at GCSE - I don't know whether it's a case of people with good grades being attracted to TSR more than those who don't (and therefore are more likely to share them online) or that people just lie about them to make themselves feel better. Any ideas??
some do some don't , it's the internet where people can say anything with little to no consequences
Some people probably do lie about their grades, but that doesn't mean everyone on here does as what you said is right; TSR probably does attract a lot of high-achievers which is also a contributor to the amount of people getting excessive A's/A*s at GCSE and A-Level.

There seems to be so many of these people, however, that people associate TSR as a forum consisting of just high-achievers, where there's actually a variety of people here with varying abilities. There are also people here who share their grades who didn't get consistent A's/A*s...

My GCSE grades, for example, are A*ABBBBBCCCD. I have no reason to lie about these grades. The people being genuine about their A*s/A's also have no reason to lie. The ones who do lie about getting high grades are probably just trying to validate their existence, satisfy their insecurities or try and make themselves look good...Idk.
Original post by cambayrac
I've been on this site for a while now and have noticed that lots of people get really good grades at GCSE - I don't know whether it's a case of people with good grades being attracted to TSR more than those who don't (and therefore are more likely to share them online) or that people just lie about them to make themselves feel better. Any ideas??

People with better grades are more likely to state them, thus it looks like everyone on TSR has many A*s
I never lied but I don't see why I'd have to with my 400 A*s at GCSE and 100A*s at A Level.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest