The Student Room Group

There's a girl I sort of like but I've never talked to her

I'm halfway through my first year of uni and there's this girl that I sort of like. Like she's really pretty and seems so nice. I have talked to her like once at the start of the year but that was a really brief moment. The problem is I'm really shy and she has a lot of friends who sit with her in lectures and I'm really scared about approaching her. I don't want to seem creepy. Not sure what to do really do. I'm sort of drunk tbh and just came home from a society thing with friends, don't know why I'm even on tsr but yeah could someone just give me advice pleaaase

Scroll to see replies

You can just try and spark a convo with her
dont make it awkward though!! keep good level of eye contact and try not to take yourself too seriously in terms of pressuring yourself :smile:, get to know her likes and dislikes
good luck OP
Original post by toonervoustotalk
You can just try and spark a convo with her
dont make it awkward though!! keep good level of eye contact and try not to take yourself too seriously in terms of pressuring yourself :smile:, get to know her likes and dislikes
good luck OP

Your username sounds like the OP's problem lol
Just go up to the girl when she's alone and start by saying 'hi'. After that it's up to you to keep the conversation flowing. Lets be honest, you can't stay 'hiding' forever.

Good Luck
Original post by Ladbants
Your username sounds like the OP's problem lol

cause tbh when I made this account I was nervous of girls
now though as I have alot of female friends I aint scared of them anymore :h:
I think if you're halfway through the year people tend to have already formed friendships at that point. But the worst that can happen is that she tells you to go away or acts uncomfortable. And then all you'd have to do is respect her wish and stop. If she actually likes you and wants to be your friend then she'll indicate that

Cool, what made you change and why were you scared before? Tbh I used to be nervous and scared of everyone regardless of gender too. It's only now that I'm coming out of my shell a bit more.
Original post by Ladbants
Cool, what made you change and why were you scared before? Tbh I used to be nervous and scared of everyone regardless of gender too. It's only now that I'm coming out of my shell a bit more.

probs due to just asking girls out off the bat while in secondary school :rofl: was rejected all the time
then got to sixth form and was able to make like 3 friends with girls lol
and now in uni and I have alot of female friends and increased my confidence in talking to them :smile:
tbh worst case is she says no and you are in the same position that you started with
I only see it as a winwin situation

glad to hear :smile:
this is cute. add her on facebook, i'm sure she'll like it. then one day either message her something course related or invite her to a party/pre drinks type thing
If you're shy to approach her in person, then do it via social media instead. It's not that hard, kid.
Are you friends with any of her friends? That's a good way to slide in to her, ask them to introduce you two.

Awww thats so cute, how long were you nervous of girls?
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Awww thats so cute, how long were you nervous of girls?

I would say until I left sixth form so 18
uni just helps me as there are tons of people and I care less about what people think :biggrin:
I would say until I left sixth form so 18
uni just helps me as there are tons of people and I care less about what people think :biggrin:

Now thats the right attitude but really Im happy to hear that, not much ppl can get over their fears as easily
Now thats the right attitude but really Im happy to hear that, not much ppl can get over their fears as easily

It is not easy!! Got to put yourself in situations in which you feel uncomfortable :biggrin:
life begins outside the comfort zone
It is not easy!! Got to put yourself in situations in which you feel uncomfortable :biggrin:

Exactly, like you only live once, may as well make most of it

Exactly, like you only live once, may as well make most of it

So true
Hmm maybe talk to her friends and be friends with them first
So did you ask her out?
Original post by Anonymous
So did you ask her out?

Lol no, haven't even talked to her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending