The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erratic_deus
Hey this doesn't have anything to do with my thread.
Stop.

Apologies x
Original post by FloralLuxe
I’m sorry but the white people have completely ruined this thread. Let people enjoy things without saying “me me” annoying immature brats. You got your ugly ass thread now you can shut up.

And how do you know these people are white?

Furthermore the OP has shown numerous times to be a racist.
Original post by Andrew97
And how do you know these people are white?

Furthermore the OP has shown numerous times to be a racist.

Oh, i know.

Then dont go ruining this thread. Look at the difference between this and the European one. She’s only obsessed with race when its not about white people, right? MISS.ME.WITH.THAT.****.
Reply 23
I’m sorry but the white people have completely ruined this thread. Let people enjoy things without saying “me me” annoying immature brats. You got your ugly ass thread now you can shut up.

Yeah. It’s so typical.
Oh, i know.

Then dont go ruining this thread. Look at the difference between this and the European one. She’s only obsessed with race when its not about white people, right? MISS.ME.WITH.THAT.****.

I haven’t ruined this thread.
I haven’t ruined this thread.

I didnt mean you in specific :/
1. The Igbo People

The Igbo are an ethnic group native to the present-day south-central and southeastern Nigeria.

In rural Nigeria, Igbo people work mostly as craftsmen, farmers and traders. 70% of Nigeria's industry is based on the manufacturing of goods (Gcse Geography) and Igbo people are often favored by their geographical position in Nigeria to cultivate and manufacture crops.
Furthermore, the Niger Delta is found in the Igbo region and is supported by Shell. A trans-national corporation.

Before British colonial rule in the 20th century, many Nigerians including Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo identified as Muslims. They became overwhelmingly Christian under colonization.

In the wake of decolonization, the Igbo developed a strong sense of ethnic identity.

During the Nigerian Civil War of 1967–1970 the Igbo territories seceded as the short-lived Republic of Biafra.

In modern day context, there is somewhat of a social-stigma that Igbo people perceive themselves as "proud" and they've asserted themselves in society as business magnates in the NEE of Nigeria.

2. The genetics of Igbo people

The Igbo in Nigeria are found in Anambra, Benue, Delta and Rivers State.

The Igbo language is predominant throughout these areas, although Nigerian English (the national language) is spoken as well.

Prominent towns and cities in Igboland include Aba, Enugu (considered the 'Igbo capital')

A significant number of Igbo people have migrated to other parts of Nigeria, such as the cities of Lagos, Abuja, and Kano.

Spoiler

3. The significance of Igbo people

After the Nigerian-Biafran War, many Igbo people emigrated out of the indigenous Igbo homeland in southeastern Nigeria due to an absence of federal presence, lack of jobs and poor health-care services!

A large amount of the African population of China are Igbo-speaking and are mainly businessmen trading between factories in China and southeastern Nigeria, particularly Enugu.

Igbo culture includes the various customs, practices and traditions of the people.

The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano was published in London, England, written by a former slave of Igbo heritage. I really recommend you read this book, as I have been touched by it and it is rightfully controversial for highlighting the atrocities commited against blacks in 1700s England!

Another book I've read from an Igbo author is "Why I'm no longer talking to white people about race" written by Reni Eddo-Lodge.

So all in all, Igbo people are quite eccentric and come in all shapes and forms.
I'm really sorry though that so many (due to their position in western Africa) were bought and sold as slaves.

Igbos have lost over 3.5 million people and over £50bn due to white interference! (NASlaveTrade)
They still however hold prominent position today and are reshaping Africa!

Notable Igbo include: Buchi Emecheta and Tinie Tempah (UK music industry)

Thank you for reading!

Here are pictures of the Igbo people, its culture and beautiful origins!
Reply 27
Yes, I like how diverse Africa is.

10 people in a room could all be from Africa and yet be so different in language, culture and traditions.

I’m from a country in Southern Africa. We have black, white, Asian and coloured people, yet within each of those races there is huge diversity, with different tribes and languages.

We all respect and get along well with each other. It’s just a shame corrupt people end up taking office and ruining it for everyone else.

It’s nice to see the recent celebrations happening in Zimbabwe and South Africa, both black and white alike, as dictators fall.
(edited 6 years ago)
Do you ever see a thread in recents and immediately know who made it? :wink:
Ummm I think Christianity is the largest religion in the world, not Islam.

Oh not you two again...
Original post by cat_mac
It was a j o k e when someone suggested making a thread about white people, which OP took literally. If you don’t want people interjecting and talking on a thread then don’t post on public forum, it’s not like tsr is a “i’ll talk and you listen” kind of site.

Well then you don't understand Asperger's.
Why wouldn't I take it literally.
You have to put (!) to show that you're being sarcastic.
Also, @Gothic Kitten, this thread is harmless but some users have decided to not be humble about it and make it about race. It isn't about race. It is about the African continent.
Reply 31
1. The Igbo People

The Igbo are an ethnic group native to the present-day south-central and southeastern Nigeria.

In rural Nigeria, Igbo people work mostly as craftsmen, farmers and traders. 70% of Nigeria's industry is based on the manufacturing of goods (Gcse Geography) and Igbo people are often favored by their geographical position in Nigeria to cultivate and manufacture crops.
Furthermore, the Niger Delta is found in the Igbo region and is supported by Shell. A trans-national corporation.

Before British colonial rule in the 20th century, many Nigerians including Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo identified as Muslims. They became overwhelmingly Christian under colonization.

In the wake of decolonization, the Igbo developed a strong sense of ethnic identity.

During the Nigerian Civil War of 1967–1970 the Igbo territories seceded as the short-lived Republic of Biafra.

In modern day context, there is somewhat of a social-stigma that Igbo people perceive themselves as "proud" and they've asserted themselves in society as business magnates in the NEE of Nigeria.

2. The genetics of Igbo people

The Igbo in Nigeria are found in Anambra, Benue, Delta and Rivers State.

The Igbo language is predominant throughout these areas, although Nigerian English (the national language) is spoken as well.

Prominent towns and cities in Igboland include Aba, Enugu (considered the 'Igbo capital':wink:

A significant number of Igbo people have migrated to other parts of Nigeria, such as the cities of Lagos, Abuja, and Kano.

Spoiler

3. The significance of Igbo people

After the Nigerian-Biafran War, many Igbo people emigrated out of the indigenous Igbo homeland in southeastern Nigeria due to an absence of federal presence, lack of jobs and poor health-care services!

A large amount of the African population of China are Igbo-speaking and are mainly businessmen trading between factories in China and southeastern Nigeria, particularly Enugu.

Igbo culture includes the various customs, practices and traditions of the people.

The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano was published in London, England, written by a former slave of Igbo heritage. I really recommend you read this book, as I have been touched by it and it is rightfully controversial for highlighting the atrocities commited against blacks in 1700s England!

Another book I've read from an Igbo author is "Why I'm no longer talking to white people about race" written by Reni Eddo-Lodge.

So all in all, Igbo people are quite eccentric and come in all shapes and forms.
I'm really sorry though that so many (due to their position in western Africa) were bought and sold as slaves.

Igbos have lost over 3.5 million people and over £50bn due to white interference! (NASlaveTrade)
They still however hold prominent position today and are reshaping Africa!

Notable Igbo include: Buchi Emecheta and Tinie Tempah (UK music industry)

Thank you for reading!

Here are pictures of the Igbo people, its culture and beautiful origins!

Thank you!
Original post by mundosinfin
Oh not you two again...

I was merely pointing out what I believe was an error.
Reply 33
Original post by cat_mac
It was a j o k e when someone suggested making a thread about white people, which OP took literally. If you don’t want people interjecting and talking on a thread then don’t post on public forum, it’s not like tsr is a “i’ll talk and you listen” kind of site.

Racists in the U.K. have become so open in the recent years. Can’t take any flippant comments for granted.

The OP was right to respond literally.
Original post by cat_mac
Surprised she didn’t play the “white people don’t have a culture” card that is commonly dealt by sjw’s. :teeth:

They don't. White culture isn't a thing, however cultures that are considered majority white (e.g. Irish, Celtic, Italian etc) exist. That'd be like saying all whites are the same. There are many diverse European cultures which are white (to a certain standard) so that's what your 'SJWs' mean when they say that. This thread isn't about 'black culture', it's about culture groups in Africa. In the same way you can be proud of your culture if you're white.
I saw you in the previous thread where you were arguing about whites being racist and all that :tongue:
Well then you don't understand Asperger's.
Why wouldn't I take it literally.
You have to put (!) to show that you're being sarcastic.
Also, @Gothic Kitten, this thread is harmless but some users have decided to not be humble about it and make it about race. It isn't about race. It is about the African continent.

Unfortunately this secret (!) Aspergers sarcasm rule isn’t common practice, and people don’t use it, so expecting people to do something they don’t know about isn’t going to work in your favour...
Original post by mundosinfin
They don't. White culture isn't a thing, however cultures that are considered majority white (e.g. Irish, Celtic, Italian etc) exist. That'd be like saying all whites are the same. There are many diverse European cultures which are white (to a certain standard) so that's what your 'SJWs' mean when they say that. This thread isn't about 'black culture', it's about culture groups in Africa. In the same way you can be proud of your culture if you're white.

Again, people not understanding humour/satire/sarcasm. :banghead:

Also there’s a difference in saying “white people don’t have culture” and “there isn’t a singular white culture”.
Original post by cat_mac
Again, people not understanding humour/satire/sarcasm. :banghead:

Also there’s a difference in saying “white people don’t have culture” and “there isn’t a singular white culture”.

I didn't see any humour there - if it was intended it wasn't very funny lol
No, you're just taking it the wrong way.
This is going to go very badly very quickly....

Latest

Trending

Trending