The Student Room Group

Biology, chemistry and maths as a private candidate

Hello,

I started my self studying last week for biology, chemistry and maths alevels and I don't intend to sit AS exams instead planning to sit the A2's in 2019.

After looking through the stuff I've realised that this is such a massive work load and I am starting to doubt if I'll be able to complete the courses in time for the exams.
If you work hard and continuously through the year (inc summer holidays) you will definitely be fine. Start now though and do at least 6 hours a day (as per a normal school day)
Would you recommend doing 6 hours a day, 2 hours per subject everyday? That does sound rather strenuous!
Original post by A_Jaya
Would you recommend doing 6 hours a day, 2 hours per subject everyday? That does sound rather strenuous!

Well I'm in year 12 doing maths bio chem as well and we're about halfway through everything, and seeing as though you started the courses last week you've got a lot of catching up to do, so its up to you I guess it really depends on how fast you can learn.
Original post by A_Jaya
Hello,

I started my self studying last week for biology, chemistry and maths alevels and I don't intend to sit AS exams instead planning to sit the A2's in 2019.

After looking through the stuff I've realised that this is such a massive work load and I am starting to doubt if I'll be able to complete the courses in time for the exams.

If you do the CIE A-levels they still offer the exams in the old modular style

Quick Reply

Latest