The Student Room Group

Can I apply for SFE even though...?

... I haven't changed my name to my new name with my uni yet? I've sent the deed poll to my uni last week and UCAS changed it on my track two days ago to my new name. I want to get student finance out of the way, shall I just apply now, will any problems come about do you think?

Thank youu :smile:
Original post by gussssss
... I haven't changed my name to my new name with my uni yet? I've sent the deed poll to my uni last week and UCAS changed it on my track two days ago to my new name. I want to get student finance out of the way, shall I just apply now, will any problems come about do you think?

Thank youu :smile:

SFE only match your application to your university when your university confirm your attendance - so as long as all of your records end up with the same name by August or so you should be fine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
SFE only match your application to your university when your university confirm your attendance - so as long as all of your records end up with the same name by August or so you should be fine :smile:

Okay good cheers :smile: So I don't take up space, do you know if this is correct regarding my application? I'm studying in London and should get the full amount because I'm 25, the bit on my site says £5674 under 'maintenance loan', is this correct if I need 11k a year? I'm guessing this refers to the very first payment and not all of the year? I don't have the slightest clue on how it works. Thank you :smile:
Original post by gussssss
Okay good cheers :smile: So I don't take up space, do you know if this is correct regarding my application? I'm studying in London and should get the full amount because I'm 25, the bit on my site says £5674 under 'maintenance loan', is this correct if I need 11k a year? I'm guessing this refers to the very first payment and not all of the year? I don't have the slightest clue on how it works. Thank you :smile:

SFE tell you what you're entitled to in 2 stages - first they quickly tell you that you'll get the minimum amount (because they think it is reassuring to let people know they will get *something* ) - then when they finish assessing you as independent (or assessing your household income) they amend that amount upwards.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
SFE tell you what you're entitled to in 2 stages - first they quickly tell you that you'll get the minimum amount (because they think it is reassuring to let people know they will get *something* ) - then when they finish assessing you as independent (or assessing your household income) they amend that amount upwards.

Ohh I see. Thank you you've been really helpful :smile: can't rep as I'm on a crappy mobile haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending