The Student Room Group

Maths friend anyone

I need someone who's doing maths GCSE to share tips and work together to achieve our aims.
Reply 1
I got a 9 on all the maths papers in my mocks, I'd be happy to share revision tips/help anyone who needs it? I'm also doing the further maths iGCSE if that's beneficial
Reply 2
Original post by rrhi3_
I got a 9 on all the maths papers in my mocks, I'd be happy to share revision tips/help anyone who needs it? I'm also doing the further maths iGCSE if that's beneficial

I'm doing the same as you and would love to know how you know what to revise. I'm always told to revise but I just never know what, and since the tests are getting harder I can never find videos of people answering the hard questions.
Reply 3
Original post by Zedress
I'm doing the same as you and would love to know how you know what to revise. I'm always told to revise but I just never know what, and since the tests are getting harder I can never find videos of people answering the hard questions.

In terms of just having a list of topics to work through, I'd recommed googling the specification for whatever examboard your school is using or just asking you teacher for one. Once you know what you need to revise hegartymaths on Youtube has pretty much everything.Also Primrose Kitten on youtube has been going through high level (7-9) questions recently.
For further maths, KhanAcademy has all the topics if you know what to search for. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by rrhi3_
In terms of just having a list of topics to work through, I'd recommed googling the specification for whatever examboard your school is using or just asking you teacher for one. Once you know what you need to revise hegartymaths on Youtube has pretty much everything.Also Primrose Kitten on youtube has been going through high level (7-9) questions recently.
For further maths, KhanAcademy has all the topics if you know what to search for. Hope this helps :smile:

I hope it helps me as well, thanks :3
I do IGSCE and I scored 9 too and scored an 8 in further pure math A Levels so I think I'm good at math and with maths revision is not really required. Why? because we r talking about a skill here u believe math is completely a skill and once u understand a certain part then you can answers it even without knowing the formula and once u understand something it sticks to yr head so you will never have to revise unless u just go through formulas and you can do this by listing a topic and write all formulas u know under this and then write another topic and list all formulas again...when exams approach just read this paper and I'm sure u won't have to revise it instead just read and it sticks to your head.... I never revise for maths but sometimes I just look at formulas they have and read them and a tip is when u see a question that u can do try the basic stuff u know when this fail to answer then try to think out of the box.....sometimes u think out of box and then the answer just lies in the basics. I have this problem alot in maths since I do pure maths, so when I'm doing a math paper I tend to over think leading to answers which r correct but not required by the examiner but overall if u r good at math u wont need to revise maybe just read😊

Quick Reply

Latest