The Student Room Group

How do you give a girl space and how long for?

I'm really in love with this girl. We've been talking for about 3 months and even though we're not going out officially, she means everything to me. I would do anything for her and always want to be there.

She's kinda shy and I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone about us talking as that's what she wanted. However, because of insecurities or whatever, I told a close friend who I thought I could trust but eventually she found out that I told them and they asked her about it and she was really embarrassed and upset and I know I've broken her trust.

It really hurts me because the last thing I wanted to do was upset her and there isn't much I can say as an excuse. She said she wanted space for a while and I can tell she's still hurt but how do you give this space when I'm so in love and think about her literally all of the time?

I don't know exactly how much space to give her but would a month be about right or do you think I need to give more? I don't want to lose her completely as she really is everything to me...

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm really in love with this girl. We've been talking for about 3 months and even though we're not going out officially, she means everything to me. I would do anything for her and always want to be there.

She's kinda shy and I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone about us talking as that's what she wanted. However, because of insecurities or whatever, I told a close friend who I thought I could trust but eventually she found out that I told them and they asked her about it and she was really embarrassed and upset and I know I've broken her trust.

It really hurts me because the last thing I wanted to do was upset her and there isn't much I can say as an excuse. She said she wanted space for a while and I can tell she's still hurt but how do you give this space when I'm so in love and think about her literally all of the time?

I don't know exactly how much space to give her but would a month be about right or do you think I need to give more? I don't want to lose her completely as she really is everything to me...

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

3 months. let her know you respect her wishes, but she can contact you if she wishes. Focus on your exams and talk in the Summer. You just showed you cant be trusted and if she is shy that will make her really wary of you.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
3 months. let her know you respect her wishes, but she can contact you if she wishes. Focus on your exams and talk in the Summer. You just showed you cant be trusted and if she is shy that will make her really wary of you.

Yeah I get that and that's probably the best thing to do right now, I'll give her the space she needs and let her be happy for a while. 3 months just seems like ages though and when she's been my life for that time and I've done everything for her it just crushes me to know I hurt her and I'll keep on wanting to message her which makes it harder.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I get that and that's probably the best thing to do right now, I'll give her the space she needs and let her be happy for a while. 3 months just seems like ages though and when she's been my life for that time and I've done everything for her it just crushes me to know I hurt her and I'll keep on wanting to message her which makes it harder.

It is quite long, but it shows you take it seriously and you can keep your word.
I would say give her like two months at most, and I say this because during that time many things can change and feelings, even though it may seem like it's a short time. But I do agree with the post above, let her know that she can contact you if she wishes. It can be tough but hopefully everything turns out for the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending