The Student Room Group

‘Demonic’ child screams non-stop for EIGHT HOURS on international flight

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nothing a bit of duct tape can't fix 🤐
Original post by tabbyglitter
I have an autistic younger brother who behaved similar to the boy described in the article, although he didn't scream the whole flight. Not saying the boy has autism, however I believe the child was in genuine distress. If he was being a brat he would've gotten bored of it after a while, 8 hours of screaming sounds more serious. Flying can be distressing for young children. Can you really expect a three year old to be seated for 8 hours? And plus, when you fly economy class, you know what you're in for. No airline has ever guaranteed that an economy class flight would be without any disturbances from children, so really, the passengers have no right to be so worked up over it. You get what you pay for - don't like screeching kids just ****ing buy a business class ticket. However, I do believe the parents should have been more prepared for the flight.
Before our flight, my mother requested a child dosage of allergy medication for my brother from the GP so that he'd be asleep for most of the flight. You don't necessarily have to medicate your child but at least make some provisions. What really pissed me off is that another passenger thought they had the right to film a terribly distressed three year old who they didn't even know and then have the nerve to whine. Who ****ing films some strangers child just because theyre frustrated. Inappropriate and ****ing weird.

You expect people to pay hundreds of pounds more sometimes even thousands to upgrade to Business class just so they can avoid a spoilt sugar coated child?

That's absurd!
Original post by Monclér
You expect people to pay hundreds of pounds more sometimes even thousands to upgrade to Business class just so they can avoid a spoilt sugar coated child?

That's absurd!

Original post by Monclér

That's absurd!

Welcome to the real world. You get what you pay for. If you feel the business class prices are unfair, take it up with the airline companies instead of venting your frustrations onto a child. And I doubt the child was spoilt. No child cries for eight hours straight just
because they're pampered, clearly they are in distress.
Welcome to the real world. You get what you pay for. If you feel the business class prices are unfair, take it up with the airline companies instead of venting your frustrations onto a child. And I doubt the child was spoilt. No child cries for eight hours straight just

I am 100% sure if you were on that plane with that child screaming in your ear for 8 hours, your opinion would be completely different!

But instead you believe hundreds of passengers are to blame for booking economy class and not the parents, and thus it would only be fair that their child be given precedence over the peasants!

And thus should suffer 8 hours of unbearable screaming from a child who you consider to be "severly distressed" because they booked econmy class.

No of course, you are clearly in the right, let the peasants suffer I say.:borat:
maybe put the offending sprog in the overhead locker.
Original post by Monclér
I am 100% sure if you were on that plane with that child screaming in your ear for 8 hours, your opinion would be completely different!

But instead you believe hundreds of passengers are to blame for booking economy class and not the parents, and thus it would only be fair that their child be given precedence over the peasants!

And thus should suffer 8 hours of unbearable screaming from a child who you consider to be "severly distressed" because they booked econmy class.

No of course, you are clearly in the right, let the peasants suffer I say.:borat:

I never said the parents weren't in the wrong, they were for not preparing their child for the flight. I am saying that the child probably wasn't being bratty. Stop twisting my words. No the other passengers aren't to blame for the childs behaviour, but they did pay for an economy flight, you get what you paid for, that's the reality. If course out of common courtesy to the other passengers the parents could have been more prepared for their child's adverse behaviour on the flight, not denying that. And do stop the over dramatising, bulking up a victim complex for the other passengers, when did I ever imply they were peasants? At the end of the day, they will recover. They flew knowing that economy class would have kids. Its like knowingly paying for supermarket own brand pizza then complaining it tastes like cardboard.
I never said the parents weren't in the wrong, they were for not preparing their child for the flight. I am saying that the child probably wasn't being bratty. Stop twisting my words. No the other passengers aren't to blame for the childs behaviour, but they did pay for an economy flight, you get what you paid for, that's the reality. If course out of common courtesy to the other passengers the parents could have been more prepared for their child's adverse behaviour on the flight, not denying that. And do stop the over dramatising, bulking up a victim complex for the other passengers, when did I ever imply they were peasants? At the end of the day, they will recover. They flew knowing that economy class would have kids. Its like knowingly paying for supermarket own brand pizza then complaining it tastes like cardboard.

Right, there is a big difference between eating cardboard pizza and being on a plane for 8 hours having to endure demonic screams.

And you say the passenger will recover, but you don't know this for sure.

Actions have repercussions.

For some yes. But for others this plane experience may have traumatised them for life from ever wanting to get back on a plane!

You never out right said "peasants", but you might as well have, you certainly implied that those that are financially unable to buy a business ticket should sit in silence and suffer because they are not as well off!

But of course I am sure you would have considered being in a plane with that child like music to your ears.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Shiba_Inu
I'm more impressed a child can scream non-stop for 8 hours. Imagine the pain in your throat after

I think the article is exaggerating the story. I doubt that he screamed for 8 hours continuously. On and off is much more likely.
Wishing Piers Morgan had been on that flight
Original post by the bear

Haha I love the word “sprog” 😂
This is why we should be allowed to tranquilize children. Every plane should have a dart gun or bottle of chloroform on hand specifically for these scenarios.
Reply 31
Should have thrown the little bigger down the toilet.
Easy solution. Equip planes with bark collars. Humans at any age are quick learners and can soon realise that the amount of screaming is directly correlated to the amount of pain.
(edited 6 years ago)
What a judgemental bunch of people you are. Probably hasn't crossed your mind the child could have a disability? I also assume you lot never made a single noise once whilst travelling?

Since when does flying economy class entail putting up with eight hours of screeching?

There's not much the airline could do anyway, other than keep tablets on to help the child sleep, which the parents should have had. For those suggesting the child be spanked, what good will that do? It needs a firm hand, to be sure, but spanking can backfire badly, especially over the long term if it is persistent.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Tiger Rag
What a judgemental bunch of people you are. Probably hasn't crossed your mind the child could have a disability? I also assume you lot never made a single noise once whilst travelling?

I'm pretty sure the people making such comments were all incredibly well behaved as babies and toddlers, and never once made a scene, or cried in a public place. That's why they can speak with such authority on the matter.
How does he open and close his mouth 20000+ times just to go "ayyy"
Reply 37
Original post by the bear

It might get at my duty free stash then!
Imagine landing and finding the little toad had quaffed all of your scotch, puffed your cigars and reduced your oversize toblerone to not but tin foil and the odd nut!
Original post by Notnek
I think the article is exaggerating the story. I doubt that he screamed for 8 hours continuously. On and off is much more likely.

I don't know, i've known some pretty persistent screamers in my day.
Original post by Dandaman1
This is why we should be allowed to tranquilize children. Every plane should have a dart gun or bottle of chloroform on hand specifically for these scenarios.

Not sure if you can any more but back in the day you could go to your GP before the flight and theyd hand over a micky to slip the kid :rolleyes:

Original post by Tiger Rag

That sounds like hollow recompense to the long suffering passengers. Disabled or not after spending hundreds of pounds for an already unpleasant experience why would anyone want to have to put up with this demonic beastie?
Original post by Napp
IThat sounds like hollow recompense to the long suffering passengers. Disabled or not after spending hundreds of pounds for an already unpleasant experience why would anyone want to have to put up with this demonic beastie?

You want to go back to the 60s, don't you, where those of us with learning disabilities were just chucked in asylums...
Another reason I'm childfree and will NEVER have kids.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending