The Student Room Group

Will i be eligible for student finance?

Hi,
I would like to apply to student finance England for my undergraduate loan, as I'm British citizen and lived in the UK for almost 9 years however i went abroad in Asia for 3 years and returned back to UK 2 years ago and started A'levels at college however now i would like to go to university for further education. Will i be eligible for student finance?
Original post by asadsyed786
Hi,
I would like to apply to student finance England for my undergraduate loan, as I'm British citizen and lived in the UK for almost 9 years however i went abroad in Asia for 3 years and returned back to UK 2 years ago and started A'levels at college however now i would like to go to university for further education. Will i be eligible for student finance?

Hi asadsyed786,

To be eligible for funding you must,

Must be ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course and

be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course

Unless you had a temporary break in residency, we would require evidence to show this.

What could be classed as a temporary break?

Gap Year

Holiday

Voluntary Work overseas

Working for HM Armed Forces

Parents working abroad on a temporary contact of employment

What would not be classed as a temporary break?

People who emigrate to another country outside of EEA/Switzerland

People who are unable to satisfy SFE that their break was of a temporary nature

People who have exercised their right to roam elsewhere in the EU/EEA and will be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of their course

Acceptable Evidence

A letter from HEI confirming gap year

A letter from the employer on headed paper confirming temporary employment including dates

A contract from the employer that clearly shows the employment is of a temporary nature

A letter from HM armed services if applicable

Temporary visas or work permits

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi asadsyed786,

To be eligible for funding you must,

Must be ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course and

be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course

Unless you had a temporary break in residency, we would require evidence to show this.

What could be classed as a temporary break?

Gap Year

Holiday

Voluntary Work overseas

Working for HM Armed Forces

Parents working abroad on a temporary contact of employment

What would not be classed as a temporary break?

People who emigrate to another country outside of EEA/Switzerland

People who are unable to satisfy SFE that their break was of a temporary nature

People who have exercised their right to roam elsewhere in the EU/EEA and will be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of their course

Acceptable Evidence

A letter from HEI confirming gap year

A letter from the employer on headed paper confirming temporary employment including dates

A contract from the employer that clearly shows the employment is of a temporary nature

A letter from HM armed services if applicable

Temporary visas or work permits

Thanks

Catherine

But my reason for moving their temporary was grandfather and grandmother as their were seriously ill and had suffered serious illnesses will that be enough or do i have to provide evidence related to it please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending